Odd Issue - any ideas?

You can pull most of the dash out right down to the final shell with either your fingers and a Phillips No 2 screwdriver. Home Depot sell a magnetiser for $3 that will make screws strick to your screwdriver like glue or just stick a tiny rare earth magnet to the blade and it will do the same.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MAGNETICS-Screwdriver-Magnetizer-and-Demagnetizer-96814/205170410

If you put “plastic trim tools” into the search bar on Amazon.com you get loads of hits. The attached is quite a nice example in a roll. They will allow you to get under any piece of trim without marring it. It’s all about confidence and just remember that somebody sat in the car and assembled that dash in no more than 90 seconds and that tells you how it fits together. It’s just knowing where to start pulling (at the same place our Japanese friend stopped pushing) but if in any doubt, I can usually find a pdf or advise or somebody else will have already done it here etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Yea I just had this issue fixed, there are other threads covering this issue. It cost about $200 CAD total fixed at the dealership. I highly recommend you call Mazda Head Office and complain about this issue. I did the same but they would not cover the cost of the repair, heard someone on these forums managed to get this repaired for free some how.

The problem is a worn out shifter switch that tells the AUX power that the car is off. Mazda upgraded the part to improve ware and tear. They already knew this is a faulty part yet are not covering it. If you have a warranty still they maybe. They should have this recalled, I highly suggest you call and complain.

Yea I just had this issue fixed, there are other threads covering this issue. It cost about $200 CAD total fixed at the dealership. I highly recommend you call Mazda Head Office and complain about this issue. I did the same but they would not cover the cost of the repair, heard someone on these forums managed to get this repaired for free some how.

The problem is a worn out shifter switch that tells the AUX power that the car is off. Mazda upgraded the part to improve ware and tear. They already knew this is a faulty part yet are not covering it. If you have a warranty still they maybe. They should have this recalled, I highly suggest you call and complain.

Call and complain? I am way outside my warranty periods at this point, and the part cost me $50. Unless they do some sort of recall for the part, they aren't going to cover it.

Looks like you got charge $150 labor as the part can be found online for anywhere from $40-$60.

Back