Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Odd Issue - any ideas?

  1. #16
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by baddad View Post
    I had the same problem at 90k miles. Safety switch that tells the car it's in park. Near the shifter. Cost about $40 if I remember correctly. Easy to change. Search YouTube, there is a video.
    Thanks!

  2. #17
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Could be related to the transponder.

    Have you tried this using your spare transponder
    So, wasn't fob.

    Known issue: TSB # 05-004/16

    Took me about an hour. Issue resolved now.

  3. #18
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,707
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    So, wasn't fob.

    Known issue: TSB # 05-004/16

    Took me about an hour. Issue resolved now.
    Good to hear!
    Recent Vehicle History:

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)


  4. #19
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,631

    Arrow Odd Issue - any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    So, wasn't fob.

    Known issue: TSB # 05-004/16

    Took me about an hour. Issue resolved now.
    Looks like you didn't break anything during the process of removing the center console pieces. Yeah it's a known issue about the shifter switch, and the TSB (from Anchorman?) provides excellent instruction replacing it.

  5. #20
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Looks like you didn't break anything during the process of removing the center console pieces. Yeah it's a known issue about the shifter switch, and the TSB (from Anchorman?) provides excellent instruction replacing it.
    Yep! Luckily nothing broken or scratched! Almost lost a screw down in the depths of that shifter though, but caught it before I lost it.

  6. #21
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    2018 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,169
    You can pull most of the dash out right down to the final shell with either your fingers and a Phillips No 2 screwdriver. Home Depot sell a magnetiser for $3 that will make screws strick to your screwdriver like glue or just stick a tiny rare earth magnet to the blade and it will do the same.

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-M...6814/205170410

    If you put “plastic trim tools” into the search bar on Amazon.com you get loads of hits. The attached is quite a nice example in a roll. They will allow you to get under any piece of trim without marring it. It’s all about confidence and just remember that somebody sat in the car and assembled that dash in no more than 90 seconds and that tells you how it fits together. It’s just knowing where to start pulling (at the same place our Japanese friend stopped pushing) but if in any doubt, I can usually find a pdf or advise or somebody else will have already done it here etc.

    https://www.amazon.com/Motivx-Tools-...70_&dpSrc=srch

  7. #22
    Registered Member

    2014 Mazda CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    6
    Yea I just had this issue fixed, there are other threads covering this issue. It cost about $200 CAD total fixed at the dealership. I highly recommend you call Mazda Head Office and complain about this issue. I did the same but they would not cover the cost of the repair, heard someone on these forums managed to get this repaired for free some how.

    The problem is a worn out shifter switch that tells the AUX power that the car is off. Mazda upgraded the part to improve ware and tear. They already knew this is a faulty part yet are not covering it. If you have a warranty still they maybe. They should have this recalled, I highly suggest you call and complain.

  8. #23
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamu View Post
    Yea I just had this issue fixed, there are other threads covering this issue. It cost about $200 CAD total fixed at the dealership. I highly recommend you call Mazda Head Office and complain about this issue. I did the same but they would not cover the cost of the repair, heard someone on these forums managed to get this repaired for free some how.

    The problem is a worn out shifter switch that tells the AUX power that the car is off. Mazda upgraded the part to improve ware and tear. They already knew this is a faulty part yet are not covering it. If you have a warranty still they maybe. They should have this recalled, I highly suggest you call and complain.
    Call and complain? I am way outside my warranty periods at this point, and the part cost me $50. Unless they do some sort of recall for the part, they aren't going to cover it.

    Looks like you got charge $150 labor as the part can be found online for anywhere from $40-$60.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Overheating Issue/Cooling Fan Issue
    By Nyquan3 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 02:21 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 12:27 PM
  4. 90 Grand Prix issue... gauge cluster issue
    By StealthWyvern in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 09:43 PM
  5. Cooling Issue, got some ideas, need some hints
    By Protege0108 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 02:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •