Odd Issue - any ideas?

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
So I go to park, turn my car off, and yet, it's not off all the way...

I tried turning it on and back off again (yes mr. IT guy). And then I drove it around and tried again and same thing.

It's like it's in that state before full accessory mode.

Anyway, left it a few minutes like this and then hit the button again for full accessory and then again and this time it turned off.

Not sure what is causing this.

Any ideas?

b5f29c25b664bf1cd65a8b16887a9e46.jpg
90a7700a5dd045ab5f93ffaaa130f283.jpg

So I go to park, turn my car off, and yet, it's not off all the way...

I tried turning it on and back off again (yes mr. IT guy). And then I drove it around and tried again and same thing.

It's like it's in that state before full accessory mode.

Anyway, left it a few minutes like this and then hit the button again for full accessory and then again and this time it turned off.

Not sure what is causing this.

Any ideas?

b5f29c25b664bf1cd65a8b16887a9e46.jpg
90a7700a5dd045ab5f93ffaaa130f283.jpg

Could be related to the transponder.

Have you tried this using your spare transponder (uhm)

Could be related to the transponder.

Have you tried this using your spare transponder (uhm)
As in the key fob? No I have not tried the spare. This one does have a fairly new battery though.

Forgot to mention, this is the second time this has happened so it's not all the time.

As in the key fob? No I have not tried the spare. This one does have a fairly new battery though.

Yes, sorry key fob

Could be the internals of that key fob are not sending the correct instructions to shut down properly when you press the start/stop button

Yes, sorry key fob

Could be the internals of that key fob are not sending the correct instructions to shut down properly when you press the start/stop button
Hmm...will give the spare a shot.

This is the second time this has happened, so it's not consistently doing this, so no way to be sure I think.

I had the same problem at 90k miles. Safety switch that tells the car it's in park. Near the shifter. Cost about $40 if I remember correctly. Easy to change. Search YouTube, there is a video.

I had the same problem at 90k miles. Safety switch that tells the car it's in park. Near the shifter. Cost about $40 if I remember correctly. Easy to change. Search YouTube, there is a video.

Thanks! (drinks)

So, wasn't fob.

Known issue: TSB # 05-004/16

Took me about an hour. Issue resolved now.
Looks like you didn't break anything during the process of removing the center console pieces. Yeah it's a known issue about the shifter switch, and the TSB (from Anchorman?) provides excellent instruction replacing it.

Looks like you didn't break anything during the process of removing the center console pieces. Yeah it's a known issue about the shifter switch, and the TSB (from Anchorman?) provides excellent instruction replacing it.

Yep! Luckily nothing broken or scratched! Almost lost a screw down in the depths of that shifter though, but caught it before I lost it.

Back