'18 CX-9 OEM hitch

ilgor

:
2018 CX-9 GT AWD
Hello CX-9 owners!

Anyone had CX-9 OEM hitch installed by the dealer? How does it look? Do they cut any parts of the bumper to get it in?

Also how much it cost you? www.mazdausa.com says class2 hitch costs $450, I imagine that doesn't include labor.
fkv7tc.jpg

I do realize that there are plenty of better after-market $200 hitches, but unfortunately I don't have neither experience, tools or repair pit to get it installed on my own. :(

On my old car I had a slightly drunk U-haul mechanic install me a class3 hitch for $90 for labor but I don't feel like taking chances like this with $40k SUV.

Any information is welcomed.

Thank you!

Call some RV dealers for installing prices. I got mine from Amazon for less than $130. I have not put it on yet but the instructions are good and I have done three others before. Go to etrailer.com you can find the instructions there. A harbor freight deep socket set, ratchet, torque wrench and extension should be less than $50.

Call some RV dealers for installing prices. I got mine from Amazon for less than $130. I have not put it on yet but the instructions are good and I have done three others before. Go to etrailer.com you can find the instructions there. A harbor freight deep socket set, ratchet, torque wrench and extension should be less than $50.

Agree. OEM hitches are overpriced. The aftermarket ones work the same and look the same for fraction of the price.

I installed a class III I got from etrailer myself while lying on the floor under the car. I watched the etrailer video first and decided I could do it. It really is not that difficult.

Back