Car Seats in the CX-9

superp4

:
CX9
Has anyone tried putting an infant car seat with base in the 2nd row center seat using the seatbelt as anchor? If so, is there enough room in the 2nd row outboard seats for 2 adults or would it be too tight? Is it possible to keep the base in the 2nd row center seat while accessing the third row by pushing forward the passenger side outboard seat?

I understand that I could technically use latch/isofix in the outboard seats for the infant seat but the center seat is statistically the safest.

Yes I can access the third row with a car seat in the middle. That was when I only had 2 car seats....now I have 3...

So you had one car seat in the center seat, and then one on an outboard seat? Can I ask why you went with that setup rather than putting them on both outboard seats? (I ask because I have twins and we have car seats with bases on the outboard seats, and from time to time it is a paid for someone to squeeze in between them to sit in the center seat)

I have twins too! They wanted to sit with mom and also I still wanted access to the third row. After the infant ones I went with the Diono convertible seats to make sure I still have space for my wife. Now I have a third child so I have filled the entire row with car seats and no longer have access to the third row

So you had one car seat in the center seat, and then one on an outboard seat? Can I ask why you went with that setup rather than putting them on both outboard seats? (I ask because I have twins and we have car seats with bases on the outboard seats, and from time to time it is a paid for someone to squeeze in between them to sit in the center seat)

Middle is the safest car seat position for the infant seat. That's what he wrote in OP.

I have twins too! They wanted to sit with mom and also I still wanted access to the third row. After the infant ones I went with the Diono convertible seats to make sure I still have space for my wife. Now I have a third child so I have filled the entire row with car seats and no longer have access to the third row

I too am eyeing the Diono when my twins are ready to graduate to convertible car seats. A couple of questions:
1) When you had the two infant car seats (with bases) how did you anchor one of them to the middle seat?
2) In terms of having to move the front seats forward to safely accommodate the car seats, how does the Diono convertible car seat compare to the infant car seats you had?
3) In terms of the overall width and space they takes up on the 2nd row seats, how does the Diono convertible car seat compare to the infant car seats you had?
4) Would you mind taking a few photos of your Diono's setup in your 2nd row, and maybe even with the 3rd kid's infant car seat also? I am in the research/evaluate phase of this purchasing decision, so any real-word info is great! I'll probably still go to BuyBuy Baby and test fit a Diono in the car, but your situation is almost exactly like mine so it would be very helpful!!

Have you thought about putting one of the Diono's in the 3rd row, or is that not really possible until they are front-facing?
Also, how do you manage to put the infant car seat in, and then also put two kids rear-facing? Is there even room to get the infant car seat in between the two Diono's?

Thanks!!

I too am eyeing the Diono when my twins are ready to graduate to convertible car seats. A couple of questions:
1) When you had the two infant car seats (with bases) how did you anchor one of them to the middle seat?
2) In terms of having to move the front seats forward to safely accommodate the car seats, how does the Diono convertible car seat compare to the infant car seats you had?
3) In terms of the overall width and space they takes up on the 2nd row seats, how does the Diono convertible car seat compare to the infant car seats you had?
4) Would you mind taking a few photos of your Diono's setup in your 2nd row, and maybe even with the 3rd kid's infant car seat also? I am in the research/evaluate phase of this purchasing decision, so any real-word info is great! I'll probably still go to BuyBuy Baby and test fit a Diono in the car, but your situation is almost exactly like mine so it would be very helpful!!

Have you thought about putting one of the Diono's in the 3rd row, or is that not really possible until they are front-facing?
Also, how do you manage to put the infant car seat in, and then also put two kids rear-facing? Is there even room to get the infant car seat in between the two Diono's?

Thanks!!

I just used the seat belt to anchor the base which works perfectly fine. I had Chico keyfit30 car seats.

I would say it is about the same if not less of having to move up the seat to accommodate the diono while rear facing. I’m 5’9” and I just had to move up slightly from where I would normally sit. Thank god that now they are three so They are forward facing now.

The width is way narrower than the grace convertible seats I have in my Tahoe so they fit very nicely. The only bad part is the lack of armrests and cup holders for the kids. They are slightly narrower than the infant car seats so you get more space once you switch.

When you used the Chicco keyfit seats, was it comfortable for an adult in the outboard seat next to it?

I just used the seat belt to anchor the base which works perfectly fine. I had Chico keyfit30 car seats.

I would say it is about the same if not less of having to move up the seat to accommodate the diono while rear facing. Im 59 and I just had to move up slightly from where I would normally sit. Thank god that now they are three so They are forward facing now.

The width is way narrower than the grace convertible seats I have in my Tahoe so they fit very nicely. The only bad part is the lack of armrests and cup holders for the kids. They are slightly narrower than the infant car seats so you get more space once you switch.

Question: Are you doing three across with Diono? How do they fit? So you can't access the third row with those seats now?

When I had the keyfits my wife still sat comfortably in the outbound seat.

Now I have 2 Dionos and an infant seat in the 2nd row. Fits perfectly but yah I can’t reach the third row now.

the solution if I need the third row would be to not use the base in those rare occasions and just use the seat belt to secure the infant seat itself.

Back