Durability of leather

superp4

:
CX9
Trying to decide between Grand Touring vs Signature trim. How is your leather (black vs Nappa leather) holding up over the years?

Given that i have a 2017 Signature, with only 13k miles on it.... we can't talk about "years", but so far the leather on mine is flawless. I do clean and condition it regularly.
Too early to tell i guess, but so far, so good.

Given that i have a 2017 Signature, with only 13k miles on it.... we can't talk about "years", but so far the leather on mine is flawless. I do clean and condition it regularly.
Too early to tell i guess, but so far, so good.

What product(s) do you use, and how often do you clean and condition?

Zaino Z-9 and Zaino Z-10 is what i usually use.

I do it every 4-6 weeks, depending how busy i am.

My 2012 CX-9 GT with 61,000 miles is not showing significant wear in the driver's seat. It looks sat in of course, but there are no holes or anything that suggests it will give out any time soon. The front passenger seat is in somewhat better condition, and the rear passenger seats are pristine (they don't get much use). I use Armor All wipes every four or five weeks. The seats in my car are leather trimmed, not full leather, and its the same with the new models, even for the Signature trim. The parts of the seat that hit your body are synthetic and will last longer with care.

My expectation is that if I keep the car for its full life (e.g. 15 - 20 years/200,000 miles) at some point I'll need to get the driver's seat reupholstered.

I have a 2016 Signature with 19k miles on it. Napa has held up perfectly so far. I’ve only used Meguiar’s leather cleaner and conditioner sporadically, like only once a year.

fc1f56e8dc72162bc3ba77ec08aa998b.jpg
7ebe237fc906e61532b1a525681771e8.jpg

Last edited:
Second this. 16 Sig, it still looks perfect. Occasional conditioning, lots of neglect!

Back