Eibach sport Gen 1 test fitting!?!?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
So eibach has released spring for the gen2s. I emailed eibach about whether or not they would fit on a gen1. Saying that KYB and Koni have the same part numbers for both models as their aftermarket struts. Eibach got back to and told me that it was likely because they havent had a gen1 vehicle to test them out on yet. They said if I was local theyd install and test them out for me. Sadly, Im not local. They are in corona California and Im in Wisconsin. If anyone is in that area I suggest you email them ask about. It would help us all out a great deal. I dont know if theyd give you the spring for free or just the install. Im really hoping the eibach will fit the first gens!!!!

You looking for a softer or firmer ride? Where's BillOhio? He lives in Cali. Mght be worth the drive.

Eibach has always had a listing for gen 1 springs. However they werent available in the US and had to be imported from UK or elsewhere. So I dont understand your post.(confused)

Eibach has always had a listing for gen 1 springs. However they weren’t available in the US and had to be imported from UK or elsewhere. So I don’t understand your post.(confused)

Yes, I know they offered them overseas but they specify they are for the 2.2D or the 2.0 engines not the 2.5AWD models we have here in the states. The point being that they know have springs that work with the 2.5AWD US market second Gen CX-5's and I'm wondering if they will fit the first gen. The euro springs from eibach offer a 1" drop at all four corners whereas the new ones are 1" in the front and 1.8" in the rear which would be ideal for me. I'm thinking they would fit with no issues. Since Eibach is offering to test fit a set on a first gen CX-5 I was offering up that info for anyone who might be interested and in the area of Eibach's headquarters out in California.

Yes, I know they offered them overseas but they specify they are for the 2.2D or the 2.0 engines not the 2.5AWD models we have here in the states. The point being that they know have springs that work with the 2.5AWD US market second Gen CX-5's and I'm wondering if they will fit the first gen. The euro springs from eibach offer a 1" drop at all four corners whereas the new ones are 1" in the front and 1.8" in the rear which would be ideal for me. I'm thinking they would fit with no issues. Since Eibach is offering to test fit a set on a first gen CX-5 I was offering up that info for anyone who might be interested and in the area of Eibach's headquarters out in California.

Very close to H&R's 1.25"/1.75" which are considerably cheaper. I seriously doubt there is any appreciable difference in ride quality.

Very close to H&R's 1.25"/1.75" which are considerably cheaper. I seriously doubt there is any appreciable difference in ride quality.
Theres about a $10 difference between them. Ill have to see if I can find spring rates but historically eibachs have had a lower rate then the h&rs

Why you are not going, with H&R. That is tested, and you know that it will work? Before the CX5, I had a 08' VW Rabbit, with H&R Sports and they were great.

Why you are not going, with H&R. That is tested, and you know that it will work? Before the CX5, I had a 08' VW Rabbit, with H&R Sports and they were great.

Hitorically, Eibachs have a slightly lower spring rate then H&R's. I'd like to maintain as close to an OEM feel as possible and I think the H&R's are going to be a bit too stiff for my liking. I don't have spring rates but I think I'm going to contact both Eibach and H&R and see if they can provide that info for me. I know H&R and eibach are kind of like pepsi and coke, I've just always preferred Eibachs I guess.

So if you want OEM feel, I'm confused as to what benefit you want with the aftermarket.

Last edited:
It seems Eibach has been stiffening up their springs over the years. My 1989 MX6 GT had Eibach springs and KYB shocks. The ride was similar to the OEM electronically adjustable shocks' medium setting, although under certain high-speed bump conditions, the rear bump stops would be hammered. Fast forward to my 2014 3 GT: The Eibach Pro springs and Koni shocks make my car feel like it is more track-based than street-based. The springs came with shorter rear bump stops, and it takes a much larger bump at high speed to create a large whack.
My ride is much stiffer, although steering response and cornering flatness is much improved. Having 10 lb lighter wheels (total of 40 lbs less unsprung weight) helps but attenuates sound transmission into the cabin.

Back