2013 - CX-5 GT - AWD - 07 Mazda 6 Rims

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up a 2013 CX-5 For the wife, and i still have the set of winter rims (tires need replacing) from my 2007 Mazdaspeed 6.

The setup i previously had for winter was Blizzaks on the 17" Mazda 6 OEM wheels.

I've done a bit of research, and determined that the OEM Mazda 6 wheels that i have are - 7Jx17 ET60 5x114.3, and the CX-5 OEM Wheels are - 7Jx19 ET50 5x114.3

Seems that the offset is off by 10mm.

Would this impact any of the AWD or TPMS Systems in the CX-5 GT. I saw a couple posts where someone had fitted Mazda 6 rims onto a FWD 2016 CX5 and i'd just like to confirm that these wouldn't cause any issues on our AWD before i start shopping for tires.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

The offset isn't going to be an issue and the rims will fit over the brakes no problem. The touring and base models came with 17x7 rims but with a 50mm offset. That offset shouldn't lead to any issues either other then the wheels being tucked in a bit further. If this is a winter set up that may not be a bad thing since the fenders and wheel wells will catch more of the winter slush thrown up from the tires. Just make sure you get the correct sized tires. I believe that are 225/65R17 for the CX-5. The Mazda 3 tires are going to be too small but the rim will work just fine. There is no offset difference or brake difference between AWD and FWD models.

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up a 2013 CX-5 For the wife, and i still have the set of winter rims (tires need replacing) from my 2007 Mazdaspeed 6.

The setup i previously had for winter was Blizzaks on the 17" Mazda 6 OEM wheels.

I've done a bit of research, and determined that the OEM Mazda 6 wheels that i have are - 7Jx17 ET60 5x114.3, and the CX-5 OEM Wheels are - 7Jx19 ET50 5x114.3

Seems that the offset is off by 10mm.

Would this impact any of the AWD or TPMS Systems in the CX-5 GT. I saw a couple posts where someone had fitted Mazda 6 rims onto a FWD 2016 CX5 and i'd just like to confirm that these wouldn't cause any issues on our AWD before i start shopping for tires.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

the 2017 AWD GT came with 19x7et45 wheels (which i have available in perfect shape if you are interested lol)

Back