OBD Fusion

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Anyone purchase one of the expansion packs for OBD Fusion on your CX-5? I purchased for my GX and it can see well beyond standard OBD into most modules in vehicle. I figure on the Mazda this may be the best way to get something closer to dealer spec tool. Just looking at long term troubleshooting.

Toyota Techstream cables are everywhere for cheap... AFAIK nothing really equivalent and cheap for the Mazda.

I wonder what can Fusion do that free Forscan can't? You just need a laptop and a decent OBD adapter. That's if you want to flash modules, otherwise your phone and the said adapter will provide all the info that you're looking for. I like pulling all kinds of crazy data from out of there while my wife drives.

Yep, just Fords and Mazdas, but it is good at what it's doing. Yes, I have ambient temperature, battery voltage, coolant, engine oil, ATF and rear diff temperatures, rear diff clutch duty cycle, all at once, on my phone. All live data. PID selection is quite wast, it engages everything available on the bus. PIDs are real, and are different from car and make. Gives totally different set on my son's Crown Vic.

most cheap obd2 can query that too, you just may have to add the hexcode into the app you use if it doesn't already have it. sometimes you can find them on forums

Back