Thread: OBD Fusion

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries

OBD Fusion

Anyone purchase one of the expansion packs for OBD Fusion on your CX-5? I purchased for my GX and it can see well beyond standard OBD into most modules in vehicle. I figure on the Mazda this may be the best way to get something closer to dealer spec tool. Just looking at long term troubleshooting.

Toyota Techstream cables are everywhere for cheap... AFAIK nothing really equivalent and cheap for the Mazda.
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 45K Miles

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

CX-5 GT

I wonder what can Fusion do that free Forscan can't? You just need a laptop and a decent OBD adapter. That's if you want to flash modules, otherwise your phone and the said adapter will provide all the info that you're looking for. I like pulling all kinds of crazy data from out of there while my wife drives.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Can it query literally any module for fault codes? If so.. I will definitely check out.

On my Lexus for example basic OBD isn't going to query the adaptive suspension system. Fusion can tell me fault codes on that system. Often times you need to know custom PID numbers to even pull some info. Again on my Lexus this gives me separate transmission pan and torque converter temps.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    I see is limited to the following makes: FORScan is a software scanner for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury

That is fine though.. will try with CX-5 and compare with OBD Fusion
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

CX-5 GT

Yep, just Fords and Mazdas, but it is good at what it's doing. Yes, I have ambient temperature, battery voltage, coolant, engine oil, ATF and rear diff temperatures, rear diff clutch duty cycle, all at once, on my phone. All live data. PID selection is quite wast, it engages everything available on the bus. PIDs are real, and are different from car and make. Gives totally different set on my son's Crown Vic.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I'll definitely check it out for my CX

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

most cheap obd2 can query that too, you just may have to add the hexcode into the app you use if it doesn't already have it. sometimes you can find them on forums