Seeking Mazda6 Advice and Info. Seriously considering buying a low miles recent year

SubCompactor

:
mazda 2 touring
Currently own a 2012 Mazda2 touring 5- speed bought new 11/2011. I love it and it's been very dependable and economical. However, I now have the bug to own the Mazda6 with more room and perhaps one of the best looking cars on the road. I just don't know much about their reliability and what actual fuel economy is with the Automatic transmission model. "Actual" meaning spending the time to calculate the miles driven and the gallons used instead of taking the computer reading.
Lastly, budget would have me looking at preowned and perhaps the "Sport" instead of touring model. Which is fine. One that is still very much under warranty.
Appreciate anyone's input and knowledge. Thanks!

To be honest, the trip computer is as accurate as hand calculations, even more accurate, because it is not taking into account the fuel still in the nozzle or dripped on the ground or side of the car.

Sport models will be missing a lot of features, so be sure to shop around and keep mind open for touring or grand touring models. Vehicle miles is not the most important factor when I am looking at used cars.

If Warranty is important like you stated, also be sure to check out Mazda CPO cars.

If you can, look at the brand new Sport with a manual. I just picked one up last night and I absolutely love it. Comes standard with LED headlights, LED turn signals and LED reverse lights. The interior (even without leather seats) is phenomenal. I have zero complaints.

Pre-2018 models, I think the Touring trim is the best bang for the buck Mazda6 trim. Avreage MPG for the Mazda6 with the 2.5 NA engine is very good. People on Fuelly are getting an average of 29-30 MPG with it.

oh I would go for the manual in a heartbeat if I was the main driver. The main reason for parting with the Mazda2 is my wife psoriasis has worsened on her clutch foot.

Hey desertmike680. What did you end up paying for your sport? Can you typically get a good deal on the 6's since they are the top end sedan? Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks Mazdadude. I appreciate it! For the first 3 years of owning my Mazda2, the computer was always 1-2 mpg to my benefit when figuring MPG. I religiiously tracked the mileage and compared both methods consistently with discrepancies.

Back