Mazda CX5 Signature Wing

Link works fine for me. Google translate makes it readable. Wing appears to refer to the illumination around grill.

Eventually I will install a LED strip there, but I will extend it all the way on top of the headlights as well.
I think that I will break the strip between grill and headlight, with a piece of heat shrinking tube.
I have also purchased an adjustable voltage regulator and with that, I will adjust the brightness.
I have already this stuff, I just don't have the time.
I'm really busy lately, building my man cave. Nothing to fancy though. Just a regular garage with workbenches, shelves, but what I'm adding is a 125" motorized projector screen, motorized projector lift(both coming out from the ceiling), a center speaker, that will have motorized shelf(my own idea and I made it), that will pop out from the ceiling as well, on one side with a piano hinge. All Klipsch speakers, Benq projector.

There's another older thread on this same thing, but unsure if on here or another of the Mazda forums I frequent. :p

I was interested in getting the grille illumination installed as well, but was put off by the amount of work that needed to be done to do it (in terms of how much of the front end needs to be removed). Someone on that thread had posted a link to the actual install instructions. There was also some uncertainty if the accessory version which was designed for right hand drive vehicles would work in left drive ones in terms of where the connectors are, etc, but of course it is likely that the connectors themselves are the same and perhaps just some wire extensions might be needed.

In any event, what started my interest is that a couple of years ago I had seen (at night) a Mazda6 here in FL that had this feature (unsure if factory or self-made) and loved it--not garish or too bright, which would have turned me off. Rather subtle to me, as it is just a thin tracer light in reality around the grille. It also seems like something that someone could just mod up using aftermarket parts...if I recall correctly, the factory accessory kit is literally just a piece of LED tube lighting, a couple wiring harnesses and maybe a small in-line relay or control box....and for something like $400US to get it over here....(eek2)

Here are two photos of the kit (primary plus wiring harnesses), in case anyone is interested....

p1.jpg

K070-V4-580.jpg

Think if someone really wants it, the cost won't be a factor

Fair enough, as I've spent too much at times on mods/accessories LOL, but I'm still convinced that a brighter (and more patient soul) than I could essentially do the same thing using a bunch of much less expensive aftermarket parts. Other than the connectors, nothing seems to need to be specifically the Mazda factory accessory parts....

i really wanted to be an actual wing (rear) i think this is the one thing the cx5 is missing. a rear wing that comes out a little more like the 2013-2016.

I feel like, even the 2013-2016 should have a bit longer spoiler. Maybe, even sticking up a bit as well.

Back