Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eibach Pro-Kit for 2017+ Installed

Registered Member

2018 CX- 5 Grand Touring w/Premium Package

Quote Originally Posted by gdluke View Post
    Any change in the geometry of the tire angles? Toe, caster, camber, etc. I know one of the biggest problems with lowered cars can be tire wear. And or driveshaft shortening when a car is lowered causing the driveshaft to slam into the transmission or other things that could get torn up.
    Interested in this too. Also, did it effect the lane departure assist and adaptive headlights?

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 AWD GRAND TOURING MACHINE GREY

Quote Originally Posted by Adguy21 View Post
    Interested in this too. Also, did it effect the lane departure assist and adaptive headlights?
    haven't had any issues in regards to the lane departure assist or adaptive headlights. as for the toe/caster/camber/wear, i haven't put the car on a rack for alignment so I don't know but the car still drives straight after the wheel and spring installation! Will have to see if I notice any uneven wear in the forthcoming miles i put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adguy21 View Post
    Thanks for the reply...

Nice... Between lowering and wheels, it looks so much better then the stock example. I hope Mazda is paying attention...LOL

Did you install springs yourself?

Were the wheels significantly lighter?

Any other upgrades planned at the moment? Maybe better tires, or better struts/shocks?
    Springs were installed at Eibach as they were making sure the rates were acceptable for 2WD and AWD. No plans on any other suspension changes at the moment as it rides fine as it is IMO. wheels were significantly lighter than stock but unfortunately i didn't weigh them to get an exact number. just lifting them without tires mounted you could tell.
    Instagram: @CX555GT

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

You should do an alignment, maybe like in a week or so. Let them settle a bit.

2018 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    You should do an alignment, maybe like in a week or so. Let them settle a bit.
    I agree, it looks much nicer with the wheel spacing reduced. Much more appealing, but I don't think I want to risk bottoming out the drive shaft into the gearbox/transmission. That's close to two inches of driveshaft travel shortened to the rear, if you have an AWD model as I do. Don't have to worry about that problem with the front wheel drive -> there's one advantage of FWD, if I had opted to get a FWD that is.

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense

Quote Originally Posted by gdluke View Post
    I agree, it looks much nicer with the wheel spacing reduced. Much more appealing, but I don't think I want to risk bottoming out the drive shaft into the gearbox/transmission. That's close to two inches of driveshaft travel shortened to the rear, if you have an AWD model as I do. Don't have to worry about that problem with the front wheel drive -> there's one advantage of FWD, if I had opted to get a FWD that is.
    If you're going off road, why would you lower the vehicle in the first place? If you're staying on the road, there really isn't much of a concern as it will still be higher then most sedans out there.
    Just Giver!!!

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 AWD GRAND TOURING MACHINE GREY

Quote Originally Posted by Ride92 View Post
    If you're going off road, why would you lower the vehicle in the first place? If you're staying on the road, there really isn't much of a concern as it will still be higher then most sedans out there.
    'off-road' in southern california isn't really quite 'off-roading' so didn't seem like an issue for me lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12