Eibach Pro-Kit for 2017+ Installed

:
MAZDA CX5 AWD GRAND TOURING MACHINE GREY
Dropped on Eibach Pro-Kit. Wanted to close the gap some but still be functional for AWD use. Rides like factory but steering is way more responsive. Taking turns and freeway onramps are so fun! Love it!

1t536a.jpg

Nice to know it feels like it looks... GREAT!

What wheel/tire size/combo is that?

Where did you buy the springs? I can't find any for the gen 2...if you could post a link to exact ones you bought that would be greatly appreciated. I'm so afraid to order them as I don't want to receive gen 1 springs and have an issue during install. Also, did you need to replace anything else or did it align to spec?

Where did you buy the springs? I can't find any for the gen 2...if you could post a link to exact ones you bought that would be greatly appreciated. I'm so afraid to order them as I don't want to receive gen 1 springs and have an issue during install. Also, did you need to replace anything else or did it align to spec?

They’re on the Eibach site, I just looked.

Dropped on Eibach Pro-Kit. Wanted to close the gap some but still be functional for AWD use. Rides like factory but steering is way more responsive. Taking turns and freeway onramps are so fun! Love it!

1t536a.jpg

It looks great! You said it rides like factory???

BBS CS-5 19x8.5et42 (Titanium w/ Diamond Cut Face) wrapped w/ the stock Toyos (225/55)

Thanks for the reply...

Nice... Between lowering and wheels, it looks so much better then the stock example. I hope Mazda is paying attention...LOL

Did you install springs yourself?

Were the wheels significantly lighter?

Any other upgrades planned at the moment? Maybe better tires, or better struts/shocks?

Last edited:
So Eibach never released springs for the first gen in the states, they are available in other markets though. I've always been a fan of eibachs of H&R as they seem to ride a bit nicer. Does anyone know if these second gen springs will fit on the first gens? I have a 2016 gt and the 1" front 1.8" rear drop would be perfect for me. Did they change the strut design that much where they won't work at all? From what I read the second gen is basically just all cosmetic sheet metal changes and the unpinning's are virtually the same. I looked at tirerack and they list the Koni Yellows and FSD struts for both the 1st and 2nd gen CX-5's as the same part number, this leads me to believe that the springs will work as well.

Last edited:
So Eibach never released springs for the first gen in the states, they are available in other markets though. I've always been a fan of eibachs of H&R as they seem to ride a bit nicer. Does anyone know if these second gen springs will fit on the first gens? I have a 2016 gt and the 1" front 1.8" rear drop would be perfect for me. Did they change the strut design that much where they won't work at all? From what I read the second gen is basically just all cosmetic sheet metal changes and the unpinning's are virtually the same. I looked at tirerack and they list the Koni Yellows and FSD struts for both the 1st and 2nd gen CX-5's as the same part number, this leads me to believe that the springs will work as well.
If they ride “ a bit nicer” than the H&Rs, it's no doubt because the drop isn’t quite as much.

And the front and rear brake pads are the same for gen 1 & 2.

As per my other thread, If anyone is close to Eibach's headquarters in California, they are looking for a First gen CX-5 to do a test fit of these new springs to check the compatibility. I'm thinking they will work just fine since the part numbers for all available aftermarket Struts are the same for both the first gen and the second gen models. KYB and Koni, same part numbers. If I could order Koni Yellows for a second gen and install these new Eibach springs on a 2017-2018, then I'm thinking I could order the same koni yellows and springs and install on a 2016 CX-5. If I could do that, then I don't see why I couldn't install then on the oem struts on a 2016. I'm not likely to pull the trigger on them until I know they will fit. So if you're in Cali and near Eibach, contact them and have them test fit the springs on first gen, you'd be helping us all out!

Any change in the geometry of the tire angles? Toe, caster, camber, etc. I know one of the biggest problems with lowered cars can be tire wear. And or driveshaft shortening when a car is lowered causing the driveshaft to slam into the transmission or other things that could get torn up.

Any change in the geometry of the tire angles? Toe, caster, camber, etc. I know one of the biggest problems with lowered cars can be tire wear. And or driveshaft shortening when a car is lowered causing the driveshaft to slam into the transmission or other things that could get torn up.

Interested in this too. Also, did it effect the lane departure assist and adaptive headlights?

Interested in this too. Also, did it effect the lane departure assist and adaptive headlights?

haven't had any issues in regards to the lane departure assist or adaptive headlights. as for the toe/caster/camber/wear, i haven't put the car on a rack for alignment so I don't know but the car still drives straight after the wheel and spring installation! Will have to see if I notice any uneven wear in the forthcoming miles i put on.

Thanks for the reply...

Nice... Between lowering and wheels, it looks so much better then the stock example. I hope Mazda is paying attention...LOL

Did you install springs yourself?

Were the wheels significantly lighter?

Any other upgrades planned at the moment? Maybe better tires, or better struts/shocks?

Springs were installed at Eibach as they were making sure the rates were acceptable for 2WD and AWD. No plans on any other suspension changes at the moment as it rides fine as it is IMO. wheels were significantly lighter than stock but unfortunately i didn't weigh them to get an exact number. just lifting them without tires mounted you could tell.

You should do an alignment, maybe like in a week or so. Let them settle a bit.

I agree, it looks much nicer with the wheel spacing reduced. Much more appealing, but I don't think I want to risk bottoming out the drive shaft into the gearbox/transmission. That's close to two inches of driveshaft travel shortened to the rear, if you have an AWD model as I do. Don't have to worry about that problem with the front wheel drive -> there's one advantage of FWD, if I had opted to get a FWD that is.

I agree, it looks much nicer with the wheel spacing reduced. Much more appealing, but I don't think I want to risk bottoming out the drive shaft into the gearbox/transmission. That's close to two inches of driveshaft travel shortened to the rear, if you have an AWD model as I do. Don't have to worry about that problem with the front wheel drive -> there's one advantage of FWD, if I had opted to get a FWD that is.

If you're going off road, why would you lower the vehicle in the first place? If you're staying on the road, there really isn't much of a concern as it will still be higher then most sedans out there.

Back