Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Just bought 2018 CX-5 GT w/premiu pkg - Beware of dealer installed hitch!

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 6 Touring

The led headlights, especially the running lights, are a fail point. One replaced under warrantee. Second went out so I traded it it. $1600 to replace.

Tom

2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tcaron20 View Post
    Part should be installed this Friday, will post pic.

Tom
    Current: 2018 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver

Former: 2015 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver

Registered Member

TBD

Not to further drag out the thread, but are they going to cover the "net loss of $300"? Don't forget that you only agreed to the original purchase price because you throught you'd have a hitch! If when you finally complete the transaction, you're $300 behind then they need to make that right by cutting a check or chomping future oil changes or something....

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desertsp View Post
    Not to further drag out the thread, but are they going to cover the "net loss of $300"? Don't forget that you only agreed to the original purchase price because you throught you'd have a hitch! If when you finally complete the transaction, you're $300 behind then they need to make that right by cutting a check or chomping future oil changes or something....
    I think they gave him the crossbars for the roof rack but yes he should be compensated.

Registered Member

2017 CX5 GT AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by tcaron20 View Post
    Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

The offer from the dealer was to replace bumper with one on cx-5 in inventory, take off hitch and give me a set of roof rack crossbars. A net loss of $300 to me and a bumper installed by the same people who screwed it up.
    My solution and the one I am going with is to add the Garnish similar to the one in wrxray's post above and call it a day. I asked for a set of the roof rack crossbars for my trouble but we will see. Will keep the Class I hitch.
    I had to show the dealer the installation guide for the Garnish and explain that the hole they cut is for installation of the Garnish. They told me that the Garnish was just a strip across the bumper. Oh man!

wrxray - thanks for checking the hole. As stupid as this may sound I want them to clean up the hole before putting on the trim Garnish.

Carfo - I installed a Curt Class III on my 2016 CX-5 so I could carry the larger Stow A Way swing out cargo box, requiring the 2" receiver. The class II would have supported the carrier better than the class I but I most likely I will not use the carrier anymore so I just need the class I for a bike carrier.

I will post a picture of the installed Garnish piece since there are no pictures of it with the hitch hole that I could find.

Thanks!

Tom

PS - Mazda Customer Experience was nice but frankly too slow and pokey. Really no help.
    Glad everything is working out!

I shot a pic of mine for comparison purposes. The garnish overlaps the bumper cutout by quite a lot. The shiny bits behind the garnish in my pic is actually the muffler

2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L Sonic Silver

That looks very good
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrxray View Post
    Glad everything is working out!

I shot a pic of mine for comparison purposes. The garnish overlaps the bumper cutout by quite a lot. The shiny bits behind the garnish in my pic is actually the muffler
    So it does seem the design of the cutout and install has changed.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 6 Touring

I like it! Wish it had not taken so much time to first educate the dealer that this was an option/fix and then get them to realize it was going to save them a lot of money!

So the final fix, to be done next week, is to add this bumper Garnish and be done with it. I hinted that adding the cross bars would be a nice addition for my trouble but I suspect they just want me out of there.

Thanks for the picture!

Tom

2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

When I saw the photo of the cutout, I had to really restrain myself from laughing. That was horrendous work. It is good to know that you have come to a solution with your dealership to get it fixed.

Anyways, I have a 2016 with the OEM trailer hitch, it was installed at the dealership a few months after purchase. When the tech was installing the trailer hitch, they decided not to do the cutout because I did not need to use the electrical connections. (I only use the trailer hitch to transport bikes.) They showed me how it looked and let me decide if I still wanted to do the cutout. I decided not to do the cutout cause I didn't really need it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567