Need All-Season Tire Recomendations

Do yourself a favor and take photos of all the weights on four wheels. Those stick on weights sometimes get unstuck, and then you have balance problems. It's good to be able to compare if you have problems later.
Very good idea. Thank you

I got my RT43 tires installed. On one side it said 102H on the other side it said 94V - I am guess V is the load rating and H is speed rating.
All in $604 with hazard warranty and installation and 65K miles warranty on tires themselves - installed these from Discount Tire.

Read a comment that tire rotation causes excessive wear for radial tires - not sure how much that is true - I plan to save 20 bucks tire rotation at my mazda dealer and do it at DT every 7-8k miles or once per oil change.

I would recommend rotating your tires.
Agreed.

When I was a jackass teenager, I never rotated my tires and it turned out about how you'd expect. Not good at all. Back tires had tread left, fronts were close to bald.

I got my RT43 tires installed. On one side it said 102H on the other side it said 94V - I am guess V is the load rating and H is speed rating.
All in $604 with hazard warranty and installation and 65K miles warranty on tires themselves - installed these from Discount Tire.

Read a comment that tire rotation causes excessive wear for radial tires - not sure how much that is true - I plan to save 20 bucks tire rotation at my mazda dealer and do it at DT every 7-8k miles or once per oil change.
The bit about tire rotation causing wear is BS. Rotating every 7-8k mile is spot on. You'll like the RT43s, especially after they bed-in in a couple thousand miles. They'll feel quite different (better) than when brand new.

The bit about tire rotation causing wear is BS. Rotating every 7-8k mile is spot on. You'll like the RT43s, especially after they bed-in in a couple thousand miles. They'll feel quite different (better) than when brand new.
Will say that I am liking my RT-43s better as they have worn. Brand new was iffy.

So your General AltiMAX* RT43 "225/65R17 102H" tire says "225/65R17 94V" on inner side? That's really weird! Like "H","V" is speed rating too. "102" and "94" are load index. Wish you have a picture to show us.

Since they're free, you can take your CX-5 to Discount Tire rotating and balancing every 5,000 miles (Mazda recommends this for gen-1 CX-5). Since you have FWD, 7,500 miles should be fine too.

What's the tire pressure for your new General's?

And don't forget your $50 gift card rebate. :)

My Mazda dealer automatically rotates my tires as part of the oil change process. Especially with AWD you should rotate

So your General AltiMAX* RT43 "225/65R17 102H" tire says "225/65R17 94V" on inner side? That's really weird! Like "H","V" is speed rating too. "102" and "94" are load index. Wish you have a picture to show us.

Since they're free, you can take your CX-5 to Discount Tire rotating and balancing every 5,000 miles (Mazda recommends this for gen-1 CX-5). Since you have FWD, 7,500 miles should be fine too.

What's the tire pressure for your new General's?

And don't forget your $50 gift card rebate. :)

102h was on one side. Other side had 94v. Right side vehicles tire face is different than left side. So the tires are all facing in one direction and both side markings are different. TPMS came on .. am flying to PA. So did not air up. Will fill 37 all 4.

Tires are made in Romania.

102h was on one side. Other side had 94v. Right side vehicles tire face is different than left side. So the tires are all facing in one direction and both side markings are different. TPMS came on .. am flying to PA. So did not air up. Will fill 37 all 4.

Hmm that's peculiar

Seems like they installed it as if these are directional tires. So if you pulled out driver side and put it as is without turning 180 degrees on passenger side end result would be whats on my car. There are only 102T and H tires no 94V speed rating.

Seems like they installed it as if these are directional tires. So if you pulled out driver side and put it as is without turning 180 degrees on passenger side end result would be whats on my car. There are only 102T and H tires no 94V speed rating.
Thiss really suspicious. According to Tire Rack website, General AltiMAX RT43 "225/65R17 102H" tire with 51 psi maximum inflation pressure is made in the USA and the inferior "225/65R17 102T" with 44 psi maximum inflation pressure is made in Romania. Other members had mentioned their RT43s are also made in the USA.

My RT43s with different size on my CR-V are also made in the USA.

RT43s are not directional tires but one side has to face outside.

I wonder where are the RT43s made on ColoradoDrivers?

Thiss really suspicious. According to Tire Rack website, General AltiMAX[emoji769] RT43 "225/65R17 102H" tire with 51 psi maximum inflation pressure is made in the USA and the inferior "225/65R17 102T" with 44 psi maximum inflation pressure is made in Romania. Other members had mentioned their RT43s are also made in the USA.

My RT43s with different size on my CR-V are also made in the USA.

RT43s are not directional tires but one side has to face outside.

I wonder where are the RT43s made on ColoradoDrivers?
Just looked, Romania..
11d7e203f6abf327538319c024b41ed3.jpg
26eb60e781eace6cfc7a6ac7f18da7bc.jpg

Mine is 51 psi. Are you saying only 1 side should face outside? If so they made a mistake.

Back