Need All-Season Tire Recomendations

The tire rack description says theyre symmetrical. I think you have two different tires......
See this is what I'm thinking.

Sorry yrwei, too dark for a photo, but I did look when I bought them and they are 51 psi max.

94V was my Camry tire which is on order as well. So they mixed up.
Usually 225/65R17 tire has 100~102 load index. There's no way a tire with this size is having 94 load index. And RT43 doesn't have V-rated tire for this size, but only H and T rated. Can you verify the tire size on the tires with 94V?

Does this mean one tires are smaller in size than other? If so will it have an impact on my cars life? I think it is 215 but I am out of Texas now.
215/55R17 94V definitely is smaller than 225/65R17 102H hence the load index is lower. The maximum load is 1477 lbs. on LI 94 and 1874 lbs. on LI 102.

According to Tire Rack on General AltiMAX* RT43 tires, the overall diameter is 26.3"*revolutions per mile is 790*country of origin is France for 215/55R17 94V; but 28.5" / 729 / USA for 225/65R17 102H.

I agree with jthj, different sized tires between one side and the other caused your TPMS warning.

DOT tire date code is stamped only on one side of tire and is required to be seen. That's why I said one side of tire with DOT date code has to be mounted on the outside. General tires have their unique "Monitor Technology" on treadwear: "Replacement Tire Monitor" and "Visual Alignment Indicator", both can be seen in the picture of USA made 205/70R15 96T RT43's on my 1998 Honda CR-V:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_0345.PNGIMG_0346.PNGIMG_0347.PNGIMG_0348.PNG

Last edited:
Its not good for your differential long term to always have that rotation difference. I imagine it could also throw off systems like stability control. Definitely get it addressed asap.

It*s not good for your differential long term to always have that rotation difference. I imagine it could also throw off systems like stability control. Definitely get it addressed asap.

I have done probably under 15 miles total. Am worried now.

Its not good for your differential long term to always have that rotation difference. I imagine it could also throw off systems like stability control. Definitely get it addressed asap.
Kaps has a FWD CX-5 and there're less issues with different sized tires. At least he doesn't need to worry about burnt-out rear differential clutch pack but some brake pad wearing! It can't be worse than putting on our 2~3" smaller on diameter mini spare.

But yeah, Kaps needs to get this thing resolved ASAP.

Kaps has a FWD CX-5 and there're less issues with different sized tires. At least he doesn't need to worry about burnt-out rear differential clutch pack but some brake pad wearing! It can't be worse than putting on our 2~3" smaller on diameter mini spare.

But yeah, Kaps needs to get this thing resolved ASAP.

I will get it fixed and total would be 12 miles or so driven with the mismatched tires all under 50 mph - should this hurt at all? Disco T is nearby. Really sad they did this - angry that i did not check.

I will get it fixed and total would be 12 miles or so driven with the mismatched tires all under 50 mph - should this hurt at all? Disco T is nearby. Really sad they did this - angry that i did not check.
Like I said in the previous post, no worries. Just pretend you put our mini spare on.

But I'd discuss this issue with store manager if you can verify they really mixed up different tires. May be you should ask for some partial refund or store credit toward future use as this could damage the vehicle if you didn't notice the "94V" discrepancy by yourself!

Like I said in the previous post, no worries. Just pretend you put our mini spare on.

But I'd discuss this issue with store manager if you can verify they really mixed up different tires. May be you should ask for some partial refund or store credit toward future use as this could damage the vehicle if you didn't notice the "94V" discrepancy by yourself!
Yeah honestly if those tires are indeed different sizes and it seems they are, then that is a pretty big amateur hour screw up on Discount Tire's part.

I would absolutely want some sort of compensation for that, if for nothing else, then for majorly wasting my time to have to go there a second time to get it fixed and for the fact it could have damaged the car had you not caught it. Screw store credit.

Getting it fixed now. I am getting a tire free for my troubles. So its 500 for 4 with hazard warranty.

First ride at 34 psi to work is 33 mpg. I am thinking I will break my 37.4 morning trip record once I pull it upto 37. It felt sluggish as it is a new tire. There was a center cap that was missing. I am thinking I can get it fixed myself.

Last edited:
Just bought a set of Nokian entyre 2.0 and they're impressing the heck out of me. I used the Altimax RT43 on another CX5 and recommended them to a lot of folks, but these blow those away in terms of being quiet and smoothness. I only put a few hundred miles on them so far, haven't had them in rain yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVozNEQOEvA

Nokian is quite well known for winters. Ill be curious to see how these do as they age and what not.

Initial impressions for RT43 are well they are strictly a budget tire. Which is fine. Yokohama accelerated better / handled better. Double the price better - not at all. So hoping 60k trouble free miles on this.

Back