Need All-Season Tire Recomendations

General approved my rebate. So in all I spent 500 (CX5) + 300 (2 Tires for 2nd car-Altimax) = $800 for 6 tires with install + lifetime warranty + 5k mile rotations.

The Finns know how to build a damn fine All Season tire. Consider Nokian:Hakkapeliitta

Just bought a set of the new Nokian Entyre 2.0 tires. Damn impressive. Better ride than the Altimax 43s. Good in rain, quiet, soaks up bumps, better gas mileage, 70k mile wear warranty. Got them with a buy-3-get-one-free deal but they were $113 per tire.

Got P7 plus for my 15'CX-5.

Too new to say anything concrete but the steering feels lighter and tires seem to be a bit of quieter than my old OEM Toyos.

Got P7 plus for my 15'CX-5.

Too new to say anything concrete but the steering feels lighter and tires seem to be a bit of quieter than my old OEM Toyos.
Did you note what Pirelli says on the tire sticker regarding using a lower speed rating tire than what the car manufacturer uses as OEM, i.e., the P7 is H rated and the GT OEM Toyo's are V rated.

Coloradodriver said most of his driving is on dry roads, so comments about snow and etc are not his main concern. General RT43s are a very good tire in dry and heavy rains here in FL. Ed

Just bought a set of the new Nokian Entyre 2.0 tires. Damn impressive. Better ride than the Altimax 43s. Good in rain, quiet, soaks up bumps, better gas mileage, 70k mile wear warranty. Got them with a buy-3-get-one-free deal but they were $113 per tire.

I've hear good things about Nokian tires.

I'm a bit of a fan boy so a little biased. I like Nokian for the same reason that I like Mazda. They are a niche company that has earned a reputation for innovation of their products. I've had several sets over the last 10 -12 years - plus a mix of other brands since until recently they were hard to find. From personal experience: Nokian winter and all weather tires are great. Nokian pretty much invented the category of all weather tires - essentially all-season that are designed to deliver near dedicated snow tire traction in winter. Living in MN I'm a fan of not needing to change out tires for winter. My brother-in-law put the Nokian entyre 2.0 on his AWD Acura TLX and has been driving them year round in Chicago. He is in sales so practically lives in that car and, so far, loves the tires. Neither Mazda or Nokian make perfect products, but both deserve a look and IMO are good buys.

I'm a bit of a fan boy so a little biased. I like Nokian for the same reason that I like Mazda. They are a niche company that has earned a reputation for innovation of their products. I've had several sets over the last 10 -12 years - plus a mix of other brands since until recently they were hard to find. From personal experience: Nokian winter and all weather tires are great. Nokian pretty much invented the category of all weather tires - essentially all-season that are designed to deliver near dedicated snow tire traction in winter. Living in MN I'm a fan of not needing to change out tires for winter. My brother-in-law put the Nokian entyre 2.0 on his AWD Acura TLX and has been driving them year round in Chicago. He is in sales so practically lives in that car and, so far, loves the tires. Neither Mazda or Nokian make perfect products, but both deserve a look and IMO are good buys.
I hate Nokian because I bought a set 2 years ago or so and it was the worst tire I've ever driven on. WRG3 SUV.

Back