Mazda logo help!

I've got a couple of small pits in the plastic already, but I didn't want to "earn" any more during a recent road trip, so I put a layer of tinted clear vinyl over the logo before I set out. I used MRCC extensively during the trip, and I didn't experience any issues/malfunctions with the MRCC system, but YMMV. I took it off as soon as the road trip was over.

Try contacting someone at your dealer to see if they can look into how they might repair the pits. Maybe something as simple as Meguiar's PlastX could work, who knows. I'd see what they say before doing anything though.

thanks alot for your response. the vehicle is still new condition so not pits on the logo yet. Since you confirmed that the sensor wont get affected, I will be installing a PPF right away

thanks alot for your response. the vehicle is still new condition so not pits on the logo yet. Since you confirmed that the sensor wont get affected, I will be installing a PPF right away

Remember, YMMV (your mileage may vary). I didn't have any issues, but that doesn't mean you won't either. If you add anything to the emblem, be very careful about your driving, and as always, never rely on the safety assist systems.

I guess something to note is that the emblem only houses the hardware for the MRCC, and since it is radar-based, an extra layer of plastic shouldn't make a difference... I'm just guessing at this point though. SBS and SCBS should not be affected as they use the windshield mounted camera.

As far as I know on cx5 mazdas it is a radio wave type i.e.like the classic speed radar detectors just at different wave lengths.
There is laser types as well but I dont think Mazda uses that.

So technically one can protect the embled as long as the 'plastic sheet'used to protect is clear and does not have any metal particles in in to interfere.

You can always get this to make up for it!

2ze07xd.jpg

You know as a kid I'd wanted to be cool and try to steal car emblems....actually harder than I thought. Wasn't worth the effort.

I have XPel PPF on my emblem and radar cruise control operates perfectly.

Back