How come everytime CR-V is mentioned the thread gets yanked?

You're in the minority. I rarely see guys in any cuv unless it's a forester. Regardless, the new CRV is so different from the old, you need to compare them separately. One looks like a cx5, one looks like a miniature Honda odyssey

Ok OK you win!

You bought yourself a chick car. (strike)

That's just Uno saying all CUV's look the same I am guessing...

Which is way not true.

I see what you mean. They are nothing alike.
hqdefault.jpg

I like the separation of models but not so much the sub forums within the models.
Yep. I don't like it either. But I'm not fighting that battle because I know we're the minority there. LOL [emoji16] I hate clicking around on the different forums.
If there was a head button like some forums that you could click to "show new posts" that would help a lot. Maybe Antoine needs to update because I'm pretty sure this forum supports it. [emoji16]

He said his friends think it's lame. I would too coming from z's and vettes especially a stock one.

Hell, I THINK IT'S LAME...but I also drive 50-80 miles round trip to work, and it has been reliable and runs on 87 octane and has AWD that gets me home, so...lame and at odds with me as a person or not, it works. It gets me around, even though it ain't something to be proud of, it's t he one I got, and it does the minimum required.

Besides, everyone wants to come fish and swim in my part of the river, so they don't talk too much s*** about what gets us there.

At least I am honest, don't lie to myself or others, and can support what I say with facts, or admit it when I'm wrong. THAT is manly. The CX5...is not. Nor was it intended to be.

You may be surprised to learn that the 2017 Mazda CX-5 mid-size crossover SUV was designed with women in mind. That’s according to a recent article in Forbes, as revealed by project chief engineer, Masaya Kodama. He also confirms in the Forbes interview that the design of the Mazda CX-5 is, “a hit with the ladies.” Intrigued much, ladies? Head over to CardinaleWay Mazda Las Vegas and see why the CX-5 is so appealing.

http://www.cardinalewaymazdalasvegas.com/blog/mazda-reveals-2017-mazda-cx-5-designed-women-mind/

Last edited:
LOL I'm sorry but I've now driven almost every Honda that Honda has to offer...

I bought my CX-5 from a Honda dealership on St. Patricks Day. It took them until today to get my door painted correctly (long story). I was without my CX-5 almost every weekend up until now and was driving around Honda loaners. Have you driven a CR-V??? Have you just been inside a CR-V? Maybe the exterior looks are debatable, but the interior and the way they drive are completely different. Night and day difference, in fact.

Insecure about CX-5... just LOL

I will say that they're heading in the right direction with the Civic Hatchback. The Pilot was nice but too large and drank gas like crazy.
Honda desperately needs to update their interior on all models. The material their dash and such is made of looks cheap to me as does their accents.

Last edited:

I bought my CX-5 from a Honda dealership on St. Patricks Day. It took them until today to get my door painted correctly (long story). I was without my CX-5 almost every weekend up until now and was driving around Honda loaners. Have you driven a CR-V??? Have you just been inside a CR-V? Maybe the exterior looks are debatable, but the interior and the way they drive are completely different. Night and day difference, in fact.

I will say that they're heading in the right direction with the Civic Hatchback. The Pilot was nice but too large and drank gas like crazy.
Honda desperately needs to update their interior on all models. The material their dash and such is made of looks cheap to me as does their accents.

I don't think anyone has said they were insecure with any of the vehicles mentioned.

I agree, and as silly as it sounds had you been here for the last year or so you'd understand what I meant by that. As a newer member, you got to miss a lot of that crv drama lol (lotta closed/cleaned threads and 2 banned members).

What's true is the Honda CRV is very dull to drive and it's noisy inside, especially at highway speeds. The CX5 is much more fun to drive and is really quiet at highway speeds.

Honda is reliable although the turbo CRV has been having serious issues with the engine and cold weather areas.

What's true is the Honda CRV is very dull to drive and it's noisy inside, especially at highway speeds. The CX5 is much more fun to drive and is really quiet at highway speeds.

Honda is reliable although the turbo CRV has been having serious issues with the engine and cold weather areas.

I'm really thinking the RAV is going to be the one to beat later this year. The CRV has engine issues beyond what I would have guessed. Wouldn't trust it at this point.

I agree, and as silly as it sounds had you been here for the last year or so you'd understand what I meant by that. As a newer member, you got to miss a lot of that crv drama lol (lotta closed/cleaned threads and 2 banned members).

Not to mention that one of those members didn't even own a CX-5 and took every opportunity he had to play the atagonizer by obnoxiously trolling every CX-5 thread he could. Most of the CX-5 vs CR-V debates that happened in this forum over the last couple years wasn't honest comparisons and leveled headed discussions, it was obnoxious antagonistic trolling by a small minority. There's a big difference in honest comparison threads and trolling threads for the sake of some antagonist's amusement and cheap entertainment.

You're in the minority. I rarely see guys in any cuv unless it's a forester. Regardless, the new CRV is so different from the old, you need to compare them separately. One looks like a cx5, one looks like a miniature Honda odyssey
I think the same thing! You could easily imagine minivan sliding doors on a CRV. The CX-5 doesn't look like it could be confused with a minivan. Oops, I made a comparison.

Back