Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How come everytime CR-V is mentioned the thread gets yanked?

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    I'm sorry but no they really don't.
    What looks more like either of them than the other?

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 Touring

LOL I'm sorry but I've now driven almost every Honda that Honda has to offer...

I bought my CX-5 from a Honda dealership on St. Patricks Day. It took them until today to get my door painted correctly (long story). I was without my CX-5 almost every weekend up until now and was driving around Honda loaners. Have you driven a CR-V??? Have you just been inside a CR-V? Maybe the exterior looks are debatable, but the interior and the way they drive are completely different. Night and day difference, in fact.

Insecure about CX-5... just LOL

I will say that they're heading in the right direction with the Civic Hatchback. The Pilot was nice but too large and drank gas like crazy.
    Honda desperately needs to update their interior on all models. The material their dash and such is made of looks cheap to me as does their accents.
    Last edited by joydestroy; 05-10-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by joydestroy View Post

I bought my CX-5 from a Honda dealership on St. Patricks Day. It took them until today to get my door painted correctly (long story). I was without my CX-5 almost every weekend up until now and was driving around Honda loaners. Have you driven a CR-V??? Have you just been inside a CR-V? Maybe the exterior looks are debatable, but the interior and the way they drive are completely different. Night and day difference, in fact.

I will say that they're heading in the right direction with the Civic Hatchback. The Pilot was nice but too large and drank gas like crazy.
    Honda desperately needs to update their interior on all models. The material their dash and such is made of looks cheap to me as does their accents.
    I don't think anyone has said they were insecure with any of the vehicles mentioned.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by joydestroy View Post

I agree, and as silly as it sounds had you been here for the last year or so you'd understand what I meant by that. As a newer member, you got to miss a lot of that crv drama lol (lotta closed/cleaned threads and 2 banned members).

2017 CX5 AWD Touring

What's true is the Honda CRV is very dull to drive and it's noisy inside, especially at highway speeds. The CX5 is much more fun to drive and is really quiet at highway speeds.

Honda is reliable although the turbo CRV has been having serious issues with the engine and cold weather areas.

Registered Member

2014 CX 5 Touring AWD Bose and Tech

Because this is a Mazda CX 5 forum ...

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
    What's true is the Honda CRV is very dull to drive and it's noisy inside, especially at highway speeds. The CX5 is much more fun to drive and is really quiet at highway speeds.

Honda is reliable although the turbo CRV has been having serious issues with the engine and cold weather areas.
    I'm really thinking the RAV is going to be the one to beat later this year. The CRV has engine issues beyond what I would have guessed. Wouldn't trust it at this point.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Because every thread becomes this. Honestly, its a car, buy what you want.

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring, 2016 Mazda 6 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I agree, and as silly as it sounds had you been here for the last year or so you'd understand what I meant by that. As a newer member, you got to miss a lot of that crv drama lol (lotta closed/cleaned threads and 2 banned members).

Not to mention that one of those members didn't even own a CX-5 and took every opportunity he had to play the atagonizer by obnoxiously trolling every CX-5 thread he could. Most of the CX-5 vs CR-V debates that happened in this forum over the last couple years wasn't honest comparisons and leveled headed discussions, it was obnoxious antagonistic trolling by a small minority. There's a big difference in honest comparison threads and trolling threads for the sake of some antagonist's amusement and cheap entertainment.

Registered Member mooreaccurate72's Avatar

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    You're in the minority. I rarely see guys in any cuv unless it's a forester. Regardless, the new CRV is so different from the old, you need to compare them separately. One looks like a cx5, one looks like a miniature Honda odyssey
    I think the same thing! You could easily imagine minivan sliding doors on a CRV. The CX-5 doesn't look like it could be confused with a minivan. Oops, I made a comparison.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mooreaccurate72 View Post
    I think the same thing! You could easily imagine minivan sliding doors on a CRV. The CX-5 doesn't look like it could be confused with a minivan. Oops, I made a comparison.
    And that right there is why they dont look the same
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 72k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    And that right there is why they dont look the same
    They used to not look the same. Now, they look as much like each other as the 2016 and 2017 cx5 look like each other.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    They used to not look the same. Now, they look as much like each other as the 2016 and 2017 cx5 look like each other.
    I think you need to get your eyes checked.

I agree that Gen 2 CX-5 look is meh, but it still doesn't look like a minivan.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Firstly, this is a CX5 subforum. Rav4 and crv debates already dirty up enough threads as is. Threads creatrd specifically to highlight or discuss something about a crv do not belong in the CX5 section. People don't come here to see threads about how a crv has a recall and a cx5 doesn't. Its makes our front page look lame by making us seem insecure about our ownership of a cx5 sp we have to point out other's faults to justify it...I don't fit that bill and sure many others here don't.

Secondly but also very important; the threads have not been censored (edited/deleted).. they have simply been moved to the off topic section in 99% of cases. I rarely delete threads outside of those not belonging in the how to section.
    Exactly...Thread has been moved to our Support forum and the feedback posted is being noted...Please note that our Model Specific forums are meant to be Model Specific which means if you post about a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the CX-5 in a CX-5 sub-forum, do not be surprised if it's moved...Better yet, try posting it in the appropriate forum to begin with...If you're not sure where to post, you can contact a Moderator or myself or even inquire in our Support forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123