How come everytime CR-V is mentioned the thread gets yanked?

I guess each time the CR-V gets mentioned for comparison, it eventually becomes personal attacks against each side.

You can disable it from the settings menu. And AA is coming in Octomber 2018.

I guess each time the CR-V gets mentioned for comparison, it eventually becomes personal attacks against each side.

Meh. Last I checked, the CR-V guy got banned so there really isn't an us vs. them going on here that would result in any personal attacks that I can think of anymore.

Us vs. another forum? Sure. Us vs. another user? Not really.

My CRV forums vs us post wasn't deleted, it was relegated to OFF TOPIC which is the forum where threads go to die. As much as I love this forum, the whole set up is detrimental I think.

Good spot to bring this up, methinks.
Every model should not have it's own "lounge". That's just not a good way to do it because you are segregating everyone. Anyone here ever check out "Off topic"? No. No need when we have our own 'lounge'.
As much as I beat this dead horse, Mazdas247 would do well to emulate what we did when I was helping run http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/index.php

Every unique model has it's own forum with just 2 sub forums, basically a 'Help' section and a 'Mods' section. Do we really need a "tires" section? Or one dedicated to audio?
You have a problem and need help? Go to help. You want to talk about mods? Go to mods. You just want to bulls*** with some like minded friends? Lounge.
At SC, below all those lies the LOUNGE. The lounge is for everyone. All owners to talk about off topic stuff or general Saab stuff. I mean wouldn't it be nice if we had an actual LOBBY where we hang out with Miata, 3, 6, CX-7 and CX-9 owners?

Maybe we should ask Antoine. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I see pros and cons to both methods of organizing, but agree that moving threads to certain sections is a death sentence for said threads due to section views.

I see zero downside to having one lounge. It builds comraderie, introduces you to more Saab...errr...Like mnded enthusiasts.

My CRV forums vs us post wasn't deleted, it was relegated to OFF TOPIC which is the forum where threads go to die. As much as I love this forum, the whole set up is detrimental I think.

Good spot to bring this up, methinks.
Every model should not have it's own "lounge". That's just not a good way to do it because you are segregating everyone. Anyone here ever check out "Off topic"? No. No need when we have our own 'lounge'.
As much as I beat this dead horse, Mazdas247 would do well to emulate what we did when I was helping run http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/index.php

Every unique model has it's own forum with just 2 sub forums, basically a 'Help' section and a 'Mods' section. Do we really need a "tires" section? Or one dedicated to audio?
You have a problem and need help? Go to help. You want to talk about mods? Go to mods. You just want to bulls*** with some like minded friends? Lounge.
At SC, below all those lies the LOUNGE. The lounge is for everyone. All owners to talk about off topic stuff or general Saab stuff. I mean wouldn't it be nice if we had an actual LOBBY where we hang out with Miata, 3, 6, CX-7 and CX-9 owners?

Maybe we should ask Antoine. What do you guys think?

Iunno I kinda like having separate sections for tires and audio :p
And our own lounge. I know when I come in here what everyone is talking about, CX-5.

I think everything is laid out well and to the point.

Eh always leery of Saab people;)..Just the other day a friend at work came into my office(not a car person although he has a cx-3- older dude mid-late 50s I'd say) just went batshit on yuppies(lot of em here on the gold coast of CT), Saab convertibles and the 'men' who must drive them. It was out of character, completely unsolicited and ******* hysterical..esp from a pretty liberal cat.

I also like our own discussions about CX-5s it was different in Saabland because less models, less sales, less drivers:) I don't want to sift through threads about the 2 and the 5 much less the ones I half care about.. what I am I an animal?

Last edited:
Well the convertible was the wife's car, I had the coupe. ;)

The thing about the lounge is that it ISN'T model specific.

And we had just as many models: 9-2, 9-3, 9-5, 9-7, Sonnets, NG900 & OG9-3, Classic 900's, Classic 9000's.

There are a lot of threads in our lounge which are not really model specific and don't belong there. My Rolls Royce thread, Unob's AWD thread, FWD v AWD, C-D's gas cap question, Paint chips, Key FOB's and break in, How to wash your car.
Also not suggesting we ditch the Infotainment, and Tire threads. My main point is creating a main lounge. Which we sort of have. How do we get people to use it?

Mazda is on the verge of losing it's fan base. If the CX-5 won all those comparisons, we'd have tons of "Honda loses to CX-5 again!" threads. But the Honda won so we aren't allowed to even mention the thing, so those threads don't exist. No profit.

That's pretty retarded on all accounts. The CRV is a chick car anyway. I'd take the Mazda over it no matter what Car & Driver says. Maybe a Pilot or Element (do they even make those anymore?), but definitely not a CRV over a CX-5.

Mazda is on the verge of losing it's fan base. If the CX-5 won all those comparisons, we'd have tons of "Honda loses to CX-5 again!" threads. But the Honda won so we aren't allowed to even mention the thing, so those threads don't exist. No profit.

That's pretty retarded on all accounts. The CRV is a chick car anyway. I'd take the Mazda over it no matter what Car & Driver says. Maybe a Pilot or Element (do they even make those anymore?), but definitely not a CRV over a CX-5.

Okay...explain how one soft little cuv with sharp looking headlights like some girls overshaped eyebrows is a chic car and another one isnt? They are both the opposite of manly, and the epitome of practicality. Some girls buy them because they are little and cute. Some guys too I guess. Most guys buy them because they are super practical and cheap, some girls do too.

Ps. They still make the pilot. It just looks like a minivan now instead of an suv.

lol, I drove a Miata for almost 10 years and liked it. I have no idea what a chick car looks like. (smoke)

I DO notice that at least 90% of the people I see driving CRVs are female. The CX-5 seems to attract guys too. I'd say about half the CX-5s I see are driven by a dude.

lol, I drove a Miata for almost 10 years and liked it. I have no idea what a chick car looks like. (smoke)

I DO notice that at least 90% of the people I see driving CRVs are female. The CX-5 seems to attract guys too. I'd say about half the CX-5s I see are driven by a dude.

Concur. I was a 22 year old dude when I bought mine.

Just to be clear, I am still a dude...the part that changed is I am 27 now. :p

Firstly, this is a CX5 subforum. Rav4 and crv debates already dirty up enough threads as is. Threads creatrd specifically to highlight or discuss something about a crv do not belong in the CX5 section. People don't come here to see threads about how a crv has a recall and a cx5 doesn't. Its makes our front page look lame by making us seem insecure about our ownership of a cx5 sp we have to point out other's faults to justify it...I don't fit that bill and sure many others here don't.

Secondly but also very important; the threads have not been censored (edited/deleted).. they have simply been moved to the off topic section in 99% of cases. I rarely delete threads outside of those not belonging in the how to section.

You're in the minority. I rarely see guys in any cuv unless it's a forester. Regardless, the new CRV is so different from the old, you need to compare them separately. One looks like a cx5, one looks like a miniature Honda odyssey

You're in the minority. I rarely see guys in any cuv unless it's a forester. Regardless, the new CRV is so different from the old, you need to compare them separately. One looks like a cx5, one looks like a miniature Honda odyssey

Huh??? I'm confused since no CRV of any age looks like a CX-5.

Sorry no you don't.

While I don't care for the Gen 2 design overall, it most certainly does not look like a CR-V. I would know as there are 2 new CR-V's in the office parking lot today and my god they are ugly.

Back