Off Topic Mazdas247 vs CRVOwnersClub.com (Yea, I'm going there)

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Just had a thought today when I noticed there were over 1400 people on the forum right now, yet only 74 members. Wow what a huge disparity. Create an account people. LOL

Mazda.PNG

So then I thought... how does that compare to the Honda forum? To even my surprise:

Honda.PNG

So... the CRV which DOMINATES the United States market has a fan forum that is getting it's BUTT KICKED by a brand whose entire lineup is a paltry 3%-4%?!?!? Really? (Look at the "Most Ever" numbers, too)

For the record I did try to find a RAV4 forum that has any significant numbers, Couldn't find one. Same with Rogue but also had a hard time finding one that reported numbers.

Not trying to start a flame war, but... that's pretty telling, don't you think? What CUV has the most interest right now? The redesigned CR-V? The new RAV4? The old Rogue?
I'd say unofficially... it's still the Mazda. ;)
(Of course I know this does not mean that...let me draw my conclusion off my single observation). :D

Last edited:
Dude, not to be offensive to them, but I would assume most CRV owners don't even know how to sign up to an online forum, much less browse the web...

You're probably right, actually. I bet if you could somehow take a poll I think you'd find Mazda owners are generally 'techier' then most. (wiggle)

Dude, not to be offensive to them, but I would assume most CRV owners don't even know how to sign up to an online forum, much less browse the web...

That's harsh, but you are wrong of course, because they will have learned to use the web so that they can post on facebook.

The difference really is that this is an enthusiast forum. I'm sorry, but Honda does not make anything worth being an enthusiast about these days.

The only thing going on over there is a big circlejerk about how great their appliance is for their soccer mom or grandparent tasks. There's maybe 2 people (who both used to post on this forum, you know who) who legitimately got off on a Honda.

Last edited:
This jives with the estimated wait time when I tried to call Mazda last week. It was more than a few hours! (Needless to say I was unable to get a hold of anyone)

Can one be enthused about practicality?

The difference really is that this is an enthusiast forum. I'm sorry, but Honda does not make anything worth being an enthusiast about these days.

The only thing going on over there is a big circlejerk about how great their appliance is for their soccer mom or grandparent tasks. There's maybe 2 people (who both used to post on this forum, you know who) who legitimately got off on a Honda.

to be fair, they do have the new Civic Type R, if you can get past its looks.

I'm actually a member there, but not an active one. My wife has a CRV.
In years I haven't long in, but last week, I was trying to look up the engine issue, that somebody here mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
My wife, needs a new car by the end of this year, and course the CRV is one of the contenders.

Now figure out how many people joined this forum initially to ask about a quirk or problem...might not like being so popular.

I check both sites since we have a CR-V and a CX-5. Don't usually login to the CRV site unless somebody says something stupid.

Now figure out how many people joined this forum initially to ask about a quirk or problem...might not like being so popular.

Exactly lol. Which is another reason why a thread like this looks foolish in our subforum (and 1 up threads in general). moved to off topic..

Exactly lol. Which is another reason why a thread like this looks foolish in our subforum (and 1 up threads in general). moved to off topic..

Nooo... not the forum where threads go to die... :( Jerk. (j/k)

Sorry but I disagree. Leave it to Unobtanium to turn POPULAR into PROBLEM CHILD.
Here's the thing, I bet it's also the #1 reason people join the CRV forum. Bet paychecks on that? That's just common sense.
The #2 reason: buying advice. Hell we have one thread that probably brought in 1,000 users.
#3? "How do I use xxx?"
These are the same reasons most people join any car forums.

I dare you to compare the top 10 threads right now at that forum versus this one.
I'll save you the time: it tells you nothing. BUT... :D...
2 posts in the top 10 here are a question about a battery and the unreliable Mazda thread.
The rest are fun posts.
CRV? Same thing....

Everything else being equal I stand by what I said: there's more interest in Mazda by people who are a bit more on the techy side then there is in any other crossover in this class...

Last edited:
Nooo... not the forum where threads go to die... :( Jerk. (j/k)

Sorry but I disagree. Leave it to Unobtanium to turn POPULAR into PROBLEM CHILD.
Here's the thing, I bet it's also the #1 reason people join the CRV forum. Bet paychecks on that? That's just common sense.
The #2 reason: buying advice. Hell we have one thread that probably brought in 1,000 users.
#3? "How do I use xxx?"
These are the same reasons most people join any car forums.

I dare you to compare the top 10 threads right now at that forum versus this one.
I'll save you the time: it tells you nothing. BUT... :D...
2 posts in the top 10 here are a question about a battery and the unreliable Mazda thread.
The rest are fun posts.
CRV? Same thing....

Everything else being equal I stand by what I said: there's more interest in Mazda by people who are a bit more on the techy side then there is in any other crossover in this class...

I agree. While these cars may be in the same classes, I think each attracts somewhat different demographics. I mean I don't have numbers in front of me to confirm or deny that statement, but that's just been my experience when I am driving and look to see who is driving each car.

CX-5: I see both men and women driving them, have not seen many older folks driving them. Seen plenty of younger looking drivers like myself (I'm 27, was 22 when I bought it).

CR-V: It's a stereotype, but it's what I see. Soccer moms, and old people.

My take:

CR-V: The car is just something to get them from point A to point B.
CX-5: Point A and point B are just excuses to drive the car some more.

Back