Off Topic I thought it was a joke when I first heard. It's not. I present the Rolls Royce SUV

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Gotta admit when I first looked at it I was in shock how absolutely ugly this thing is. Wow. On the ugly scale from 1-10 on the outside...to me... this thing is a ZERO.

Cullinan-Magma-Red-ext-10.jpg

But then... I looked inside:

CullinanTungsten-Grey-Interior-2.jpg

(boom01)

CullinanTungsten-Grey-Interior-1.jpg

And WOW: "Not only are the seats heated, but the steering wheel, front door armrests, front center console lid, the lower C-pillar, rear side armrests, and the rear center armrest."

and WOW: "You cant accuse Rolls-Royce of not sweating the small stuff. Unlock the SUV either from the key or by reaching out to the stainless steel door handles and Cullinan lowers by 1.57 inches while the coach doors power open."

Insane: "Unusually for an SUV, when flat the seat backs are still higher than the trunk floor. That, Rolls-Royce says, is to make sure anything in the trunk cant slide forward into the passenger cabin. However, hit another button and the floor rises to match the seat backs. Altogether, you get around 69 cubic feet of space with the rear seats down."

Say what?!?!: "For those more focused on rear luxury than practicality, theres the Individual Seat configuration. Out goes the bench, replaced with two individual seats with power-adjustment separated by a fixed rear center console. That has a drinks cabinet with Rolls-Royce whiskey glasses and decanter, champagne flutes, and a refrigerator to keep your Bollinger cold. Whichever seating option you pick, those in the rear are elevated higher than the front for better visibility Rolls-Royce calls it Pavilion Seating and a panoramic glass roof is standard."

O stop it: "Those wanting the classiest tailgate party around can opt for the Viewing Suite, a pair of leather seats that slide out of the trunk.

(boom01): "You can think of it as customized luggage for your particular hobby. Whether thats fly fishing, rock climbing, BASE jumping or in one of Rolls-Royces more unusual suggestions volcano boarding, the company will design a special module to suit. Each has a motorized drawer that glides open to present its contents.

Theyre interchangeable, too, so that you can remove, say, the skiing module and replace it with a drone racing module instead."

Insane! To say I am impressed would be an understatement, if you can't tell. Can I just buy one to live in it?!?!
Base price: $325,000

Maybe I'll wait a few years and get a used one. :D

I cant imagine how big this is going to be. I stood next to a their Phantom sedan and the roofline was at head height for me (5' 11").

Actually think I'll buy one and move into it. Gotta be a toilet attachment, yes? [emoji106]

I am eagerly anticipating seeing Doug DeMuro review this vehicle. The Doug Score should be very entertaining.

can I get a little SUV with that wood please?

honestly though, that's nice. the white leather here makes my CX5 feel more premium lol

Back