2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

Thank you!

Also noticed that when the front parking sensors come on when you are near an object, the front camera automatically comes on. So no need to press the camera button on the side panel on the dash

I begin to wonder if your car actually has more features than the Mazda Japan CX-5!!! Lol!

I begin to wonder if your car actually has more features than the Mazda Japan CX-5!!! Lol!

I know right! But for the price here in the US Mazda gives more than the competition. Though some of those do go higher but for quite a bit more money.

Surprise's me no one else is doing HUDs. You know they will soon. We have Mazda to thank for that. Hyundai has started to. I think the Santa Fe has one.

Thank you!

Also noticed that when the front parking sensors come on when you are near an object, the front camera automatically comes on. So no need to press the camera button on the side panel on the dash

That I would find useful.

That I would find useful.

Agreed.

Just need to be aware that if there is a false negative and the sensors beep for a few seconds, the camera comes on for a few seconds but then turns off.

It seems to only occur when I am aiming for my garage (it's slightly off centre from the driveway) and I am driving between the side wall of my house on the right and the boundary fence on the left (narrow driveway).

Last edited:
On my VW my parking sensors have a fit when I pull into my garage. But the walls are like maybe 6-8” away on each side.

In my opinion, HUDs are going to be the next hot accessory. We are just starting to see their popularity grow.

Yes they have been around for some time but they were never common. I think that will change now.

Surprise's me no one else is doing HUDs. You know they will soon. We have Mazda to thank for that. Hyundai has started to. I think the Santa Fe has one.

Chevy has had HUD's on their Tahoes, Suburbans, Corvettes, and Camaros for a while now

They have been out there but in limited models. I really believe they will become more mainstream. As usual the Japanese and Korean automakers will lead the way.

They used to be a gimmick of sorts but I really find them to be very helpful and also improve safety.

I don't know of any besides Mazda and Hyundai. Not even BMW, Audi, Volvo. But I agree it's only a matter of time before it becomes as mainstream as Blind Spot Monitors.
/Edit Missed your post dunhill. Chevy? Leasing the way? Whodathunk...
/Edit 2 Look at this douchebag handfilming are 100mph.

https://youtu.be/ltOwhy2ab_8

Last edited:
When I got my CX-5 the only one they had in stock with the color I wanted had HUD. I wasn't interested in HUD but they gave me a deal so I took it. Now I wouldn't want a car,truck,suv without HUD!

Probably the tech has advanced a lot and this is something I bet Mazda and BMW both get from a supplier. Likely the same one.....

Just had a look at the VIN plate. Although the VIN itself contains "KF", our version is officially known as "KG" which is listed on the VIN plate.

Last edited:
Back