2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

I trade my cars in for pennies because they're usually old by then lol.

What did you pay? I'm going to guess: $46,000 AUD?

I trade my cars in for pennies because they're usually old by then lol.

What did you pay? I'm going to guess: $46,000 AUD?

A little bit more but saved around $4000 (including added accessories) as Mazda Australia decided to include this just released (03 May 2018) update as part of their End of Financial Year sales (our financial year is 1 July to 30 June)

Last edited:
Congrats X, and good luck. But, ya, that 360 degree camera view is crappy like Kaps said. It's like they swiped the 10 year old system from my Infiniti.

It'll get the job done most times, but will suffer under poor lighting conditions and rainy weather.

Congrats X, and good luck. But, ya, that 360 degree camera view is crappy like Kaps said. It's like they swiped the 10 year old system from my Infiniti.

It'll get the job done most times, but will suffer under poor lighting conditions and rainy weather.

(cheers2)

Rainy weather I agree (curse you rain drops)

Used it in my garage last night (no lights on in garage, just reversing and headlights) and seemed fine for me.

Would have been better if it was 1080p instead of 720p (I think that's the resolution they are using) but maybe a future software update might bump up the resolution.

A little bit more but saved around $4000 (including added accessories) as Mazda Australia decided to include this just released (03 May 2018) update as part of their End of Financial Year sales (our financial year is 1 July to 30 June)

I thought that was a lot until I converted to USD and I think that’s probably about right given the extra equipment you guys get.

Much quieter than the 6. Tech is better, fuel ecomomy so far is a little worse than the 6 (which is expected) but inline with official figures.

Performance is fine for it weighing 214kg (472lbs) more than that 6. 2.5T would be good but oh well

Love MRCC!

Review please.

Here's 2 photos showing what information came with the CX-5. The case is pretty nice:

idzx48.jpg

t03meg.jpg

The one I got is a black woven ballistic cloth with the Mazda name and logo embroidered in. Definitely not as fancy as your leather kit.

You might get a welcome surprise from Mazda in a few weeks or months. Nicely done in a cardboard box done Apple style. I got some stickers and a letter from the Mazda President. It is a nice touch.

The one I got is a black woven ballistic cloth with the Mazda name and logo embroidered in. Definitely not as fancy as your leather kit.

I got that type when I purchased the Mazda 6

You might get a welcome surprise from Mazda in a few weeks or months. Nicely done in a cardboard box done Apple style. I got some stickers and a letter from the Mazda President. It is a nice touch.

Interesting. We shall see :)

I did also get this as well (Quick Guides):

5n82dw.jpg

1y1umw.jpg

8wmcn6.jpg

2an9l0.jpg

2s9c0g9.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if Mazda Australia will send me a personal welcome pack (the above is generic)

We didn’t get a kit or anything. VW sent me a shirt and some stuff with the MKV. I have not received anything yet from the GTI but I haven’t had it long. I know they used to send a fast.

Also for warranty book I got that ballistic plastic as well. Yours is nicer for sure and similar to what my VW came with.

We didn’t get a kit or anything. VW sent me a shirt and some stuff with the MKV. I have not received anything yet from the GTI but I haven’t had it long. I know they used to send a fast.

Also for warranty book I got that ballistic plastic as well. Yours is nicer for sure and similar to what my VW came with.

Oh, good to know it's move up to being a bit more classy here. They should do the same there too!

As for what is coming from Mazda Australia HQ, no idea. Think last time, they sent me a micro fibre cloth for the car (you can see in one of the photos the cleaning cloth for the MZD Infotainment screen just showing).

Forgot to add that when you are driving, you can turn on the front camera and view it on the screen!

Congrats Xeler8ing! This joins the already long list of features not available in the US model. BTW I just got reminded of the power folding mirrors from the other picture. :-(

Congrats Xeler8ing! This joins the already long list of features not available in the US model. BTW I just got reminded of the power folding mirrors from the other picture. :-(

Thank you!

Also noticed that when the front parking sensors come on when you are near an object, the front camera automatically comes on. So no need to press the camera button on the side panel on the dash

Back