2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

How the heck do you use a drive thru LOL. Aha, back into the drive thru using rear view camera.

I just noticed it has rear AC vents. Do the USDM CX-5s come with rear ac vents as well? I sort of only remember it being a Mazda6 feature.

I just noticed it has rear AC vents. Do the USDM CX-5s come with rear ac vents as well? I sort of only remember it being a Mazda6 feature.

KF introduced rear vents (except for base model Maxx here)

Congrats bro! Finally!
Why does that first camera pic look like you're parked in tight between 2 concrete walls?

Are you referring to this one (uhm)

348hpvr.jpg

If so, my thinking is you are hovering directly ontop of the vehicle in isolation hence the "concrete wall effect" and either side is showing the actual adjacent spaces.

Last edited:
Are you referring to this one (uhm)

348hpvr.jpg

If so, my thinking is you are hovering directly ontop of the vehicle in isolation hence the "concrete wall effect" and either side is showing the actual adjacent spaces.

So this is another way of presenting the side view? It looks like it’s magnifying the views.

So whatcha think so far coming from the 6?

Much quieter than the 6. Tech is better, fuel ecomomy so far is a little worse than the 6 (which is expected) but inline with official figures.

Performance is fine for it weighing 214kg (472lbs) more than that 6. 2.5T would be good but oh well

Love MRCC!

Last edited:
Just read a review of the new 6...I think I want her.

As much as I would liked one for it's engine and dashboard, the fact of the matter is that here, when time came to sell it, it is going to be painfully long just like the experience I had with the 2015 6.

When only 200 or so are sold a month here, the market is too small.

Back