Very happy with the Deep Crystal blue mica color

BDIZ

:
2016 6 gt
We picked up our new '18 GT in the Deep blue on Friday. Just spent ALL day detailing her. Man, these are big beasts lol. Coming from detailing my 6, this was quite a bigger chore.
Anyways, I did not see one imperfection in the paint, and with my Wash, polish/polymer seal and finished off with Caranuba paste wax, the paint is so deep and reflective. Simply beautiful!
Well, I'll be happy till the rock chips start piling up on the nose like my 6 :(

9UpPmsNaGenoaklZWzrZ7FNpaR9SJ8FJUvnTh1wshSxqpG49CudGv_BsM_aGPyUSwY07Z09Nm4HHqznEc5hi2Chub5VJTEPWLmdKtT9A_aLSd51f3A9Pd9V0ikVj6cBwmrJdC4kaPZAjH-9secFE5CaoCteEKEbTigchlUfTJjsUPVbsAKSdOKca2pzrpIvKtEcNY_TA8IPGd8COkKBC_H6EJDq0yjoHortSPZkZHaXidIkbPlSd6kVpGQCqF6VZrbyoETSDnCLlamO1IRULAOupub3-CKCoalZsd2N3P3oxRRJvFo0CgGzU3eRE-giPShjPoJwZAd-ZFjqdTfqbtLAYi0v-VGfnJAqqV0yxOtBO-PHm3bRaG1Xe_7XlO228UhIC6kjy9PA-uZSmimSz9WnFoDwTmB1h_MOyQhdi56d0w3_a0L_aLr_0BjaZhgacQ6WeVUFfKZNNXyp5xMsb9UIHbWTGA4N_dAfMDiwR-DODAzvLMW9Y-A8rYeUJnK1RE0rMyxGFjj5ECH9cmnZKx2L5MCKVnNQfz-6-qu7xx6DQjMG_CJ71bLwzY2TcrjrVb_CmxCCgKHkCRVeexmZEUxn0Mtc1ghBr8Soc3yJI=w657-h875-no-tmp.jpg

dqEqbLLCYJs_sU9BsZ_69GpZ56Nab9H_isOch6eb6yoEgX87FbBkP_TQ126TNDe7DmKpZAPq1LvZsW3qOfKxfRpLD_TC7Kipjn1kaqbcvUfOL7LdFVVrbXSthzn9wuMHZCz0rDHWrXOpzvfbDVqWN3p1nc7VSChBsxQ5nbN_zylgVY_xps-n-HyafrK3Px6LpqITjp2daM5KXRwlgdqCbu2yzjbBQDMMveXZ5fjCz0M7Z1cQYvVNIpWm_OB070cvGNxnqiR8oOqcdE0EnRKTdcv3knPaB86bOu3QBGkV6RUQDdTiPNXyA9GroqL0V7ur4ztIVaH30siyBk7_wx3iFNn7EGQz2XKBG0NJwm7SfZcXlGKxhAuaQTtkckzV8DB6S6FTxesQRLGduIuBfIjXtK1j76d0mNI1Z1IXz-foYgQFvVpn7MfzJwz1tReU774sO9JMwDR_AGl17K6h89FG2_iw2UgyIGhGuPy8PeborNPmM9YpYDCYKcXwuAzrvc6Vgd2qL6uI6jGa5pEdcPeiqUdK-ea6qF8gROTyMKHWmDbPi9KFjLaZVuMyj4lRzbuUJQcGtG6xPJuL6v1BUVcQlfjtkUSdBSm5OBNsxP4Q=w657-h875-no-tmp.jpg

ppHfcnZld7Xw0nG7zpYsPYotcAiVwU9gujSVwvzOBO16s--_QfoKc2TSon5_tqDAJg80r6C3G7UT5JWDkYUQh73jpHMrOxCSZH-dCe_zC3Hw6d4kYXi0i9mhoAJwHzRAH50pLkJAWm2mmXt7cTHkBdt1WnepUwaa06a6ODrT3_uNFzQroJq2YpZuE8rIlj0paxOTO09wO1gWzUUQv25UwH_wpQAdw4gFwAbmGH-hfLoCT8kf4pEaCzSWOV41DAhqxPTB0Fdx2JdYe74Ie27gkz4NymSzxLlThk-z3RbsnfY10EKajDEAnDTecnbHMXZ843L9LfCrqSH9GPCH0KXlcYtOhepqmAod6R4h8OdKf27kFYUhT8sTcsxt7FV4mVzJJXfaKE614rPq72iUsIVct-SVvcGViWLr5n0srT1vpifAIwPxoNSQIFuVvAP7qWB7jY08XJK4JmKaviifrqeGICrk36ZTEG9XnDFFq5ILPp4qvlN8UYrlsWXE7I1QsWySwuEfnARQRp8uYde7inS7B_eepSi_iL__BjKn8IlJ0WRaKDbK8nXy3al1zvTUooPWP7YZmvQ7YAtHukqgrbnWSpirQUzwwL5_uSOLSIqx=w657-h875-no-TMP.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! Any pics of it in the sun??

I'd recommend a PPF for the hood, fenders, bumper, and mirrors if you want to minimize the rock chips. I know my PPF has saved me from a few already.

Your pics aren't working for me, here is how you can post pictures here on mazdas247

Settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

Your pics aren't working for me, here is how you can post pictures here on mazdas247

Settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

Interesting, I will try that. I just right click my photo in google photos, copy image address,click the insert image button above, add -tmp.jpg to the end of the addy and post.
Weird as they show up for me, and obviously the guy above. Someone on another thread said they couldnt see mine either

Last edited:
Well, I'll be happy till the rock chips start piling up on the nose like my 6 :(

I can't see the photos either. Permissions maybe? I was debating between that color and the silver but finally opted for the silver one, but please, don't tell me about chips. Take a look at my one-month-old CX-9: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123864540-Rust I'm preparing mentally to discuss this issue with the guy in charge of MAZDA warranty claims in the island and the dealer manager. I don't know what to expect.

I can't see the photos either. Permissions maybe? I was debating between that color and the silver but finally opted for the silver one, but please, don't tell me about chips. Take a look at my one-month-old CX-9: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123864540-Rust I'm preparing mentally to discuss this issue with the guy in charge of MAZDA warranty claims in the island and the dealer manager. I don't know what to expect.

Weird as I can see them here on my work computer too. Anyways, are all those chips on your roof? Strange place for all those chips. Sucks regardless. Sorry to see that.

Sorry couldn't see your pictures either. and yes Mazda paint is very thin and prone to chipping. Too bad I can't choose the blue with Signature trim or I would.

Your pics worked for me before, they don't anymore. Why do you add -tmp.jpg at the end? Why not just add ".jpg"? I wonder if the tmp makes the link temporary or something?

I don't need the pics (not working for me either) because I have the same color. It's beautiful in the sunlight.

We have the same color on our Mazda 3 and it looks great especially with the parchment interior. It is difficult to keep clean though like all the dark colored exteriors...

The dealer is going to replace my CX-9 2017 tomorrow since the rooftop got corroded in 2 months of use. The only two colors available right now are the Deep Crystal Blue Mica and the Soul Metallic Red. I'm inclined to get the blue one but since it is a dark color I'm questioning how easy is to keep this color cleaned and how prone this color is to scratches and marks? I mean, tomorrow I'm going to see it in person, but I know that dark colors are a PITA. I once had a black car, and after 2 or 3 years every mark swirls were visible from all angles. So, BDIZ and any other owner of blue CX-9s how is it going with the blue color?

I think the blue looks better personally. I was almost going to get it except the one the dealer had was damaged and had higher miles from test drives so I went with a machine gray one.

I went to the dealer on Saturday to see the blue cx-9. The color looks good, but that particular CX-9 was having problems (check engine light on), had several dents and a lot of scratches in the bumpers and other areas. I didn't accept it as a replacement since I paid for a new unit. Talked to the manager and the seller didn't know this unit was damaged for the hurricane Mara, so it wasn't for sale. Supposedly, they got a new silver one, and I'm returning today or tomorrow to see it in person. What a nightmare.

newbie, my first car, CX9 GS

Got my new CX9 GS 2018 DCB today. Am in UAE, took me 4 months to make up my mind, I drove the 3, 6, cx5 and cx9 on rent in each of those months, settled finally on the CX9. We are a small family (2+1), and our choice of CX9 over CX5 was basis a more comfortable, slightly larger vehicle, and a more powerful engine.. I have fallen in love with Mazda these last 4 months so were clear it had to be a Mazda when we bought our own.

Have been a regular reader of the posts, look forward to contributing more often.

We went with the blue also, at my wife's insistence. I'm thinking she was right - it's a gorgeous color. Alas I've only seen one other CX-9 on the road since we bought it 2 weeks ago. Seems like these vehicles are somewhat rare around here.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the deep crystal blue as well , glad to hear ppl love it. Blue is my favorite color but never owned a blue vehicle before.

I love the deep blue and I had a car with such similar color and just like any dark color car, it was a pain to keep swirl free. But the way it pops under the sun is just absolute beautiful

Too bad the CX-9 doesn't also come in the light Eternal Blue Mica that the CX-5 comes in. I think that would look great.

Back