CX5 Voted 'Most Comfortable Car in UK'

I didn't part take in any survey, but I found zero difference with the 2017 car comfort and my 2015 car, or my 2013 one.
But it seems strange that suddenly the CX-5 has become the most comfortable car, given that "Anchorman" has gone to great trouble to modify the seat??

So obviously not the most comfortable car for every one. Another pointless headline but I'm happy to read it for resale values.

I didn't part take in any survey, but I found zero difference with the 2017 car comfort and my 2015 car, or my 2013 one.
But it seems strange that suddenly the CX-5 has become the most comfortable car, given that "Anchorman" has gone to great trouble to modify the seat??

So obviously not the most comfortable car for every one. Another pointless headline but I'm happy to read it for resale values.

Well Xtrailman, you do tend to come over on these Forums as a glass fully empty and smashed on the floor kind of person. Personally, my 2013 CX5 and my 2016 CX5 have the most comfortable seats in any car I've owned. (Fabric though). I've driven for over 4 hours non stop with no aches and pains whatsoever when I got out. It was the seat comfort and ease of entry and exit which attracted me to the CX5 in the first place. (6 foot 2). My wife finds the passenger seat comfortable too so "happy wife happy life"

I can't believe Xerl8ing is finally getting his car. I'll believe it when I see it. :D

Sort of agree with Xtrail: this is news? I've never heard of "Most Comfy" awards before. But I don't get his comment: How can this be if Anchorman thinks it sucks. Seriously? Is Anchorman the bar? If he says the seat sucks, it must be so? What is our motto around here... o yea: Each to their own. :D
Anchorman is probably a walrus. :D

I think it's comfy. Very much so.

Last edited:
I never even thought about how comfortable the car was until I saw this headline. I guess that says something. Comfort isn't something I tend to notice. Lack of comfort is!
But now that I've made a point of paying attention to it. Yeah, it is very comfortable!

I can't believe Xerl8ing is finally getting his car. I'll believe it when I see it. :D

Sort of agree with Xtrail: this is news? I've never heard of "Most Comfy" awards before. But I don't get his comment: How can this be if Anchorman thinks it sucks. Seriously? Is Anchorman the bar? If he says the seat sucks, it must be so? What is our motto around here... o yea: Each to their own. :D
Anchorman is probably a walrus. :D

I think it's comfy. Very much so.

I mentioned AM because he posted at length his modifications, and reasons why, and he also lives in the UK, the home of the survey.

Well Xtrailman, you do tend to come over on these Forums as a glass fully empty and smashed on the floor kind of person. Personally, my 2013 CX5 and my 2016 CX5 have the most comfortable seats in any car I've owned. (Fabric though). I've driven for over 4 hours non stop with no aches and pains whatsoever when I got out. It was the seat comfort and ease of entry and exit which attracted me to the CX5 in the first place. (6 foot 2). My wife finds the passenger seat comfortable too so "happy wife happy life"

I have no complaints other do, having said that I wouldn't be able to drive more than 2.5 hours with out a rest, back starts to object after that.

A couple of things, I’m quite sensitive to bolstered seats but I’m not alone. I run the U.K. Facebook CX-5 owners page and it has been mentioned by others. I have heard others on this forum say that they wished the seats were more bolstered which bewilders me. I had the 16 that got stolen. That has small bolsters and I could find them uncomfortable on long journeys. Another point, I sat in the lower spec CX-5 and the fabric seats were delightful in my opinion and the opinion of my butt. I would opt out of leather if I could. It’s expensive and too firm for my liking but it’s not an option.

A couple of things, I’m quite sensitive to bolstered seats but I’m not alone. I run the U.K. Facebook CX-5 owners page and it has been mentioned by others. I have heard others on this forum say that they wished the seats were more bolstered which bewilders me. I had the 16 that got stolen. That has small bolsters and I could find them uncomfortable on long journeys. Another point, I sat in the lower spec CX-5 and the fabric seats were delightful in my opinion and the opinion of my butt. I would opt out of leather if I could. It’s expensive and too firm for my liking but it’s not an option.

Just rip out the stock seats and put the lower spec ones in!

I love my CX-5 and would trade it only for a Gen2 or a Volvo XC60.
To be fair, the CX-5 can't be labeled as "comfortable" as the most interesting bit about Mazda vehicles is that the suspension is more responsive hence less floaty or comfortable.
How can it be more comfortable than many vehicles in its class is beyond me, let alone all UK cars.

I love my CX-5 and would trade it only for a Gen2 or a Volvo XC60.
To be fair, the CX-5 can't be labeled as "comfortable" as the most interesting bit about Mazda vehicles is that the suspension is more responsive hence less floaty or comfortable.
How can it be more comfortable than many vehicles in its class is beyond me, let alone all UK cars.

Good point I routinely drive round pot holes because the 19" wheels give a ride bordering on hard. But I accept that to get the better handling over the 17" wheels.

Latest posts

Back