Rotors in pretty bad shape, normal?

:
2016 CX-5 w/ Tech/Activsense
I have a 2016 Cx-5 w/ 23k miles. I drive about 16 miles a day to get to work and back. I am a pretty careful driver, got a maximum discount from one of those insurance ODB sensors. I have gone to a dealer for all my standard service. I do live in MA, so crappy salty roads and winters.

I have noticed maybe the last 6-8 months that my car has been making a lot of noise and vibrations when breaking. I am noticing it a lot more lately. I took a look at my rotors today, and they are in really bad shape.

https://imgur.com/a/tqF71w5

Is this normal?

Wow, that looks like s***! Looks like you're due for some brake (ne "break") work, compliments of the state of MA. Salting roads is a criminal offense IMHO!

Your brake system definitely have issues. For one your caliper pins may be stuck due to lack of lubricant from factory; secondly your rear disk pads and rotors may have uneven wear due to stuck EPB (Electrical Parking Brake) according to a TSB (Sorry the TSB attachment of the post on my bookmark is no longer available).

Hope you still have new-car warranty and your dealer should be able to fix those brake issues under warranty.

I have a 2016 Cx-5 w/ 23k miles. I drive about 16 miles a day to get to work and back. I am a pretty careful driver, got a maximum discount from one of those insurance ODB sensors. I have gone to a dealer for all my standard service. I do live in MA, so crappy salty roads and winters.

I have noticed maybe the last 6-8 months that my car has been making a lot of noise and vibrations when breaking. I am noticing it a lot more lately. I took a look at my rotors today, and they are in really bad shape.

https://imgur.com/a/tqF71w5

Is this normal?

I'm guessing that your problems stem from your brakes getting soaked with salt water, that never has a chance to dry up, and then sitting like that at work and at home. You need to get your brakes hot/warm before you park the car so that water can dry up.

I had the same problems with my truck a few years ago.

Check out my rotors.

MGalleryItem.php

MGalleryItem.php

Ok, thanks for confirming. My warranty ends in September, so I will bring it in and see what they say.

Wow, that looks like s***! Looks like you're due for some brake (ne "break") work, compliments of the state of MA. Salting roads is a criminal offense IMHO!

YUCK! That looks nasty!

Careful driving is not always good for the vehicle. (friday)

Never understood the whole ODB test thing to see if you're a safe driver. Who WOULDN'T drive extra cautiously with one of those on?

Back