Something Very Satisfying With My Wheels

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
I just noticed this morning that all of the Mazda M's on my wheels all are aligned to be in exactly the same position as they rotate. It was oddly satisfying and somehow for the briefest moment, the entire universe felt aligned. Then I went to work. (hah)

I just noticed this morning that all of the Mazda M's on my wheels all are aligned to be in exactly the same position as they rotate. It was oddly satisfying and somehow for the briefest moment, the entire universe felt aligned. Then I went to work. (hah)

I love when small things like that happen and I notice it. It just makes things seem right. :)

I thought no one would care but I care. How do you guys get these caps aligned properly against wheels? There's no markings or specific orientation like my Honda CR-V. I ended up uses the bottom of the "M" aiming at the valve stem on each wheel. Still it's not easy to make it 100% right and I wish Mazda can have some markings on the wheel and the cap so that we can align the cap easily.

I thought no one would care but I care. How do you guys get these caps aligned properly against wheels? There's no markings or specific orientation like my Honda CR-V. I ended up uses the bottom of the "M" aiming at the valve stem on each wheel. Still it's not easy to make it 100% right and I wish Mazda can have some markings on the wheel and the cap so that we can align the cap easily.

(boom07)
For me the hard part is getting all of the lug nuts aligned.

It came that way from the dealer.

I feel like I am at rest with the world when all my tire pressure stems are straight up when I check tire pressures. My back thinks someone is watching over me. Ed

It came that way from the dealer.
I know those wheel caps are installed during new vehicle preparation at the dealership. Your Mazda dealer definitely is paying attention to details. My Mazda dealer just randomly installed the caps and I had to take the tires off and re-installed those caps!

How do your wheel caps be aligned? Bottom of "M" aims at valve stem?

I know those wheel caps are installed during new vehicle preparation at the dealership. Your Mazda dealer definitely is paying attention to details. My Mazda dealer just randomly installed the caps and I had to take the tires off and re-installed those caps!

How do your wheel caps be aligned? Bottom of "M" aims at valve stem?

I haven't looked at that. Good question.

point the valley of the "M" toward the valve stem.

Ours was like this too after picking it up from the dealer, but I jacked it up when I replaced a flat tire and then put the fixed tire back on. next rotation, I'll make it a point to align the valley of the "M" toward the valve stem.

Back