CX-5 Oil filter specs?

FYI...my dealer only stocks the individually wrapped, Made in Mexico, MV (Mazda Value Line) filters for my '19 CX5...$5.66 OTD w/washer.

I supposed I need to seriously consider buying and using that 12units/$34.99 ebay pack. Or, pony up a little more and buy some of the Made in Thailand, 1WPE-14-302's. I'll probably end up going that route.

FYI...my dealer only stocks the individually wrapped, Made in Mexico, MV (Mazda Value Line) filters for my '19 CX5...$5.66 OTD w/washer.

I supposed I need to seriously consider buying and using that 12units/$34.99 ebay pack. Or, pony up a little more and buy some of the Made in Thailand, 1WPE-14-302's. I'll probably end up going that route.

You can also still find the Japan made filters on eBay. I just got some. You get what you pay for (Mazda OEM oil filters) in this case.

You can always have your Mazda dealer to order 1WPE-14-302 Denso Thai oil filter for you. You can call and get it in the next day usually.

As for getting 1WPE-14-302 Denso Thai filter, Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2) which actually is Mazdas 1WPE-14-302 filter, is usually cheaper, like 2 for $11 found on eBay.

You can also still find the Japan made filters on eBay. I just got some. You get what you pay for (Mazda OEM oil filters) in this case.

You can always have your Mazda dealer to order 1WPE-14-302 Denso Thai oil filter for you. You can call and get it in the next day usually.

As for getting 1WPE-14-302 Denso Thai filter, Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2) which actually is Mazda*s 1WPE-14-302 filter, is usually cheaper, like 2 for $11 found on eBay.

Thank you both for your advice and information! I believe I've come up with a plan.

Our CX5 is a brand new 2019 Touring with PP. While its under warranty I will use the Japanese and/or the Thai filters. Once the warranty expires I will use Wix 57002. I'm a believer of Wix quality; I use them in all of our vehicles. Except the BMW's...I use OE Mann filters in those.

I'm enjoying being on this forum and I look forward to someday being able to contribute to the knowledge base!

Cheers!
CV

What is Mazda *value line* about other than made in Mexico and cheaper? I just don*t get the idea of such a small savings on oil filters?? Am I the only one?

Are you saying you got a oil change kit for 2.5T packaged with Mazda 0W-20 moly oil instead of some 5W-30? BTW, the picture of the package is from tomcat1446.

Would you verify the type of drain plug of your 2.5T has changed to 17mm flange hex bolt type drain plug from original 8mm Allen hex type drain plug?

I did not buy an oil change "kit". I bought a jug of Castrol Edge 5W-30, some washers and a PY8W-14-302 filter all separately. The drain plug is the new 17mm flanged head bolt and not a plug that needs a metric Allen wrench.
Hope that helps

Random information...

In a few of days I'll have approximately a year's worth of filters on hand ...ordered 2 of the Yaris filters and of course, I have the one MV I bought from my dealer yesterday. So, if anything unusual happens and you guys with a bulk of the Japanese (non-turbo) filters want to off load part your stock please let me know. I'm interested in buying them!

I'm finding it impossible to track down the PE01-14-302A's online. Several Amazon listings have them pictured but have confirmed that they are in fact shipping out the Thai 1WPE-14-302's.

TIA!
CV

Last edited:
Mine are not for sale but there are many cases for sale on eBay as we speak. They are sold in lots of 5 and they are the PE01-14-302 version. Not cheap.

Mine are not for sale but there are many cases for sale on eBay as we speak. They are sold in lots of 5 and they are the PE01-14-302 version. Not cheap.

Well what do you know...I changed my search terms to include "mazda" instead of just the part number and a newly listed item showed up...5 OE Japanese filters. It's the only one I've seen though.

Thanks for the heads up!

Well what do you know...I changed my search terms to include "mazda" instead of just the part number and a newly listed item showed up...5 OE Japanese filters. It's the only one I've seen though.

Thanks for the heads up!

Did you buy them ?

Random information...

In a few of days I'll have approximately a year's worth of filters on hand ...ordered 2 of the Yaris filters and of course, I have the one MV I bought from my dealer yesterday. So, if anything unusual happens and you guys with a bulk of the Japanese (non-turbo) filters want to off load part your stock please let me know. I'm interested in buying them!

I'm finding it impossible to track down the PE01-14-302A's online. Several Amazon listings have them pictured but have confirmed that they are in fact shipping out the Thai 1WPE-14-302's.

TIA!
CV
Out of curiosity I did some search about Mazdas Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter on eBay. I noticed some are selling PE01-14-302 which had been superseded by PE01-14-302A many years ago. I also found one selling the latest version PE01-14-302B, which currently is installed on every new CX-5 from factory. Im interested getting this B version for comparison purpose, but the shipping, which usually is very expensive for individual seller, is too much.

Out of curiosity I did some search about Mazda*s Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter on eBay. I noticed some are selling PE01-14-302 which had been superseded by PE01-14-302A many years ago. I also found one selling the latest version PE01-14-302B, which currently is installed on every new CX-5 from factory. I*m interested getting this *B* version for comparison purpose, but the shipping, which usually is very expensive for individual seller, is too much.

Yep I checked on that one too.
They ship from Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

Out of curiosity I did some search about Mazda*s Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter on eBay. I noticed some are selling PE01-14-302 which had been superseded by PE01-14-302A many years ago. I also found one selling the latest version PE01-14-302B, which currently is installed on every new CX-5 from factory. I*m interested getting this *B* version for comparison purpose, but the shipping, which usually is very expensive for individual seller, is too much.

Yep I checked on that one too.
They ship from Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

Wow...I'm impressed! You guys are internet search wizards! I have not been able to come across any of these listings...obviously I'm doing something wrong! Mostly all that I've been able to find are the 1WPE's and the MV's.

I did come across one Amazon seller who said the PE01-14-301A's are plentiful in Japan and recommended that I try contacting a dealer over there. Well, I knew that shipping would cost-prohibitive and of course, there's the language barrier as well.

Wow...I'm impressed! You guys are internet search wizards! I have not been able to come across any of these listings...obviously I'm doing something wrong! Mostly all that I've been able to find are the 1WPE's and the MV's.

I did come across one Amazon seller who said the PE01-14-301A's are plentiful in Japan and recommended that I try contacting a dealer over there. Well, I knew that shipping would cost-prohibitive and of course, there's the language barrier as well.
No, there're plenty of PE01-14-301B in Japan as the current stock. "A" version is obsolete.

Honestly, if I ran out my Japanese oil filter, I'd definitely get 1WPE-14-302 Thai filter as it's really well made and looks as good as Japanese filter other than manufacture location. It's made by Denso and it carries Japanese and Toyota's quality. I'd get those from Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2) which is usually much cheaper.

The only problem for me is I need to get a different cap oil filter wrench or something else, as the diameter is smaller on Thai filter.

While looking for OEM oil filter for my newly acquired 2018 Toyota Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2), I found Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA / Scion iA is rebadged Mazda (Nippon) Denso Thai filter 1WPE-14-302! 25% of Denso now owned by Toyota. So there's an alternative getting better quality Mazda OEM Thai oil filter from different sources may be with lower price.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 220451View attachment 220452

Back