Mazdspeed Protege #1145 build / fix log

Philip came by this weekend and I took delivery of the P5 Nugget. I'm excited to have it in my den of vehicles.

I believe he grabbed some pics so you should see some updated pics of the car shortly.

Had a fun time! Wanted to upload pictures but passed out around 10pm.

just some really random shots. didn't spend too much time in the garage because of mosquitoes

IMG_3280-X2.jpg

IMG_3283-X2.jpg

IMG_3285-X2.jpg

IMG_3286-X2.jpg

IMG_3287-X2.jpg

IMG_3288-X2.jpg

The car and engine look nest in photos. also were you just trying to take pictures of my butt?aww.

ahh yes, mosquitoes- satans minions. I HATE them.

that blue looks awesome. and yeah, what's car pictures without some cheek action?

Last edited:
I love the blue. wait till you see all that's going to be that color. Subtle.

The color scheme of this car is baller I believe. Anyways, even without any real information on the removal of the ABS system I'm going to do it. Too much clutter and I absolutely hate ABS to begin with. Similar to Lowtege, I'll be going with the Chase Bays booster delete kit and other stuff.

How far into it are you going to do? Pull fuse and remove the abs bulb would be the easiest but your ebrake light might be on.

i think you requested a link to this. i don't see a black one in stock. you might need to message them. only see silver, white, purple, and red. price has gone up a bit. feel like i only paid 35 for mine but that was a long time ago.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

OOOH i like that. i can't believe a piece of metal is 50.00 lmao.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and remove all of the ABS stuff and figure it out as I go. Was just hoping for info on it.

I went ahead today and dropped of a mess of stuff for the powdercoater. I'm excited to see what it all looks like when done. WOO.

A few of us are still around......maybe just not on here as often.......cool, another build thread.............jealous already wishin my bumper/lip were same color as rest of car....yrs of ass draggin FTL, lol.........keep the pics of the progress comin.............

A few of us are still around......maybe just not on here as often.......cool, another build thread.............jealous already wishin my bumper/lip were same color as rest of car....yrs of ass draggin FTL, lol.........keep the pics of the progress comin.............

Thanks man, I'm happy to hear that there are still OG's laying around here and there. I'll keep posting... or at least have Phil do the posting lol.

either way things are moving forward!

Looking great man, Glad theirs still some og's building proteges. The original exile was the wallpaper on my iPhone back in 2010. Loved that car. Can't wait to see the progress

Looking great man, Glad theirs still some og's building proteges. The original exile was the wallpaper on my iPhone back in 2010. Loved that car. Can't wait to see the progress

The original exile still exists! It*s just been returned to stock

Hah, wow great to see you moving around on here again. Do you still have your pro? I actually loved your car and what you were doing to it. It's amazing to hear you liked my car, I did too... it was just too much over too much time. Starting fresh.

Need to update in a few days.. but I picked up all the parts from the powdercoater. They look amazing.

Looking for a new photo upload service that's not the worst s*** like photobucket.

Latest posts

Back