Protecting plastic parts on new c9 from sun damage

BDIZ

:
2016 6 gt
Anybody have a magic product that I can apply to the plastic trim parts of our new CX9.
You see lots of older vehicles where the black plastic becomes grey and chalky.
I know there is the back to black stuff, but our car is 1 day old and I am looking for more of a UV protectant or something rather than a revitalizer.

Often on a forum like this you typically won't get any type of consensus for a question like this, but over on the CX-5 forum the overwhelming answer is 303 Protectant by Gold Eagle. It seems it's that good. Available from marine stores, some auto stores and Amazon. www.303automotive.com

Often on a forum like this you typically won't get any type of consensus for a question like this, but over on the CX-5 forum the overwhelming answer is 303 Protectant by Gold Eagle. It seems it's that good. Available from marine stores, some auto stores and Amazon. www.303automotive.com

Awesome, thanks for the info

Just wanted to say that I'm using 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash and vinyl trims on the door panels and interior body panels, and it works very well.

303 Aerospace on all plastic surfaces. They call the stuff "SPF 15 for your car" for a reason, and it really works. The black plastic on my 2012 FRS (treated with 303 after every wash) still look new, zero signs of degradation.

Just thought I'd note that if the trim ever becomes grey and chalky as described in the OP, there is no need to spend a lot of money on a fix. A 50/50 mixture of boiled linseed oil and paint thinner works great to revitalize the trim. Both products are available at home hardware stores. Apply 303 for UV protection after the fact.

I'm 8 months into ownership and I just reapplied another coat of 303 to the interior. This stuff really makes the chroma brown color pop without making it look greasy.

Back