‘15 CX-5 NAV SD cards?

:
Mazda CX-5
Hello all,

I’m new to Mazda, as this is my first. I tried googling about the NAV cards and went with USA BHP166EZ1E / 63316400. All I could find is the last letter is old to new version. A oldest and think H is newest 2018.
Because my vehicle is 3 years old does this make these cards expired? This card I bought I did the install steps and used TomTom Home to update, but was saying NO MAPs. Under items on device was not showing maps. Does any card work or did I get the wrong one? After trying this one I see they have BHP166EZ1E/ 63578300, what’s the difference?
The card I bought was from the UK so returning cost probably not worth it. So I tried to buy a new map. Paid the $65 for US/Canada. It downloaded and installed on the card and now it works. Does this sound wright for a 3+ old NAV or did I get the wrong card?
Other thing I noticed, not sure if normal. The computer voice option(voice command )I only have UK English not a US English.
edf479a2dc2cec3e6427f7073f5ac642.jpg

This is before I bought the map.
78f25ea4e10b3c1262e1ba5437744039.jpg

e88edf496c85db5089a86c7ede71896e.jpg

It sounds like you did get the wrong card for the 2016+. Then when you bought the updates proper it just formatted the card and did a enw install so any card could have probably been used for that.

I want the UK voices...
"Fancy a left turn up ahead, guvnah?"
:D

It sounds like you did get the wrong card for the 2016+. Then when you bought the updates proper it just formatted the card and did a enw install so any card could have probably been used for that.

I want the UK voices...
"Fancy a left turn up ahead, guvnah?"
:D

Hmm was 2015 NAV was a optional feature and 2016 came standard? Mine seems like it is a in between Touring and GT. Has NAV, AFS, and moon roof.
Kinda my first vehicle I jumped into without researching. My GMC lease ran out and I needed another SUV at a reasonable monthly payment. Lol.

Hmm was 2015 NAV was a optional feature and 2016 came standard? Mine seems like it is a in between Touring and GT. Has NAV, AFS, and moon roof.
Kinda my first vehicle I jumped into without researching. My GMC lease ran out and I needed another SUV at a reasonable monthly payment. Lol.

The 2015 and 2016 use totally different infotainment and nav systems. 2013-2015 was TomTom, 2016 - 18 are NavTeq.

What size wheels? NAV was an option in 16 T and GT. Standard on 16.5 GT.

The 2015 and 2016 use totally different infotainment and nav systems. 2013-2015 was TomTom, 2016 - 18 are NavTeq.

So there are 3 cards with maps by NavTeq, TomTom , and Here.
So I should have gotten the version that says maps by TomTom. And me buying the map on TomTom home over wrote the NavTeq version. If I had bought the map TomTom labeled one it would have been put in and work.

Yea, Nav was an option in 15 T. So previous owner didn't get it. But they came with the slot so all you needed to do was what you did: add the card.

Yea, Nav was an option in 15 T. So previous owner didn't get it. But they came with the slot so all you needed to do was what you did: add the card.

Actually the 2013-2015 usually didn't come with the GPS receiver/card reader/nav software if it didn't have the Nav option installed. The hardware was separate and cost a couple hundred bucks, plus install. Weird that it would have it but not the map card. My guess is it did have nav option but someone pulled the map card before selling it.

Actually the 2013-2015 usually didn't come with the GPS receiver/card reader/nav software if it didn't have the Nav option installed. The hardware was separate and cost a couple hundred bucks, plus install. Weird that it would have it but not the map card. My guess is it did have nav option but someone pulled the map card before selling it.

Little background I know is it was in NJ for a lease. Wondering if it was a dealer Demo that they leased out.
Is there any benefit in trying to find the correct map card? Basically paid $54 for the card and $65 for TomTom one time map download.
I did use it today see if it worked. Weird how it uses yards instead of feet. Did not see anywhere to change that. Just miles or kilometers.

KD37-66-EZ1D

Receivers and amplifiers, 2013-15, with navigation, without bose sound. 2014-15.
Notes:Order By Application.

I have Bose sound. Lol

Yards? Feet? All I ever see is miles. I'd stick with the one u have now.

Thanks all for the input. I did find that I should be using one of these cards. KD37-66-EZ1, KD37-66-EZ1A, KD37-66-EZ1B, KD37-66-EZ1C, KD37-66-EZ1D.
I email support on TomTom and they did say I have the wrong card and they will refund the map pack I just bought. So I have a case on eBay for returning the card, as they listed it to work on 2015/16 CX5. TomTom has refund pending.

Latest posts

Back