Tire Repair Coming Apart? (Pic attached)

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
Discount Tire repaired one of my WS80's that got a nail in it a few weeks ago.

I happened to notice what appears to be where they plugged the tire. Is it supposed to look like this? It's a rubber peice but is it coming out?

dab8ed6822d8e167c9c84a2dc02f0447.jpg

They usually plug the hole and patch on the inside. I would think they would trim that off but with the tread around it might be difficult. I don’t think it’s coming out.

Discount Tire repaired one of my WS80's that got a nail in it a few weeks ago.

I happened to notice what appears to be where they plugged the tire. Is it supposed to look like this? It's a rubber peice but is it coming out?

dab8ed6822d8e167c9c84a2dc02f0447.jpg
That's normal. Discount Tire uses a "T" (sideview) rubber pushing out from inside to plug the nail hole. The rubber plug will never come out from inside with the big flat rubber head. The tech could do a better job cutting the extra rubber off nicely, but it won't hurt anything. You can cut it off byself if you feel like to.

Normal, tech just snipped it level with the surface - it'll wear down with the tread too.

Oh ok, thanks all. I wasnt sure what a repair actually looked like, so when I saw this it made me a little nervous. Chock it up to naivety on my part.

Thanks again!

All seasons going back on Friday.

Back