Map Updates???

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
So there is a new update to the Maps for the 2016 model year but I'm beyond the 3 years of included updates. I can purchase individual updates at $87 or 3 more years for $135. Clearly the $135 is the better deal as it comes out to about $45/year. Is the a better/cheaper way to get updates? I've heard some people just get a new SD card that comes with 3 years of updates but I read a thread, either on here or the facebook groups page that some of those older cheaper SD cards give the system fits. Any ideas?

Maybe wait and see how much the CarPlay android auto retrofit costs. Then you won’t need updates.

Maybe wait and see how much the CarPlay android auto retrofit costs. Then you won’t need updates.

Good Call!!! Kind of forgot about that coming down the pipeline. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as the promised diesel to actually arrive.

Good Call!!! Kind of forgot about that coming down the pipeline. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as the promised diesel to actually arrive.
I would not bother with paying for updates, as our navigation does not provide traffic etc. I've been using Android Auto on my Cx5 for past year (allinonetweaks) and could not be happier. Using waze on it every day. Curious as to how much they will charge for retrofit (most likely it will have to do with slow charging usb). Pretty sure that we should be able to DIY it.

Back