GT memory seat include heads up display?

BDIZ

:
2016 6 gt
My wife and I are about to pull the trigger in a new GT.
Does the seat memory also save the heads up display setting?
My wife is short, and I am not :)

The HUD aka ADD (Active Driving Display in Mazdaspeak) & Seat memory are not mutually exclusive.

I checked the manual of my CX-9 GT '17 this is what I found:

Driving Position Memory*
The desired driving position can be called up after programming the position.
The following driving positions can be programmed:
- Driver’s seat position (seat slide, height adjustment, seat recline). Refer to Seat Operation on page 2-5.
- Active driving display (display position, brightness level, display information). Refer to Active Driving Display on page 4-29.

I confirm : in my 2018 Signature, presets 1 and 2 are programming seat and ADD. Great feature!

I confirm : in my 2018 Signature, presets 1 and 2 are programming seat and ADD. Great feature!

Hopefully one day Mazda will add the left/right mirrors positions to the seat programming. I really hate to setup my mirrors every time after my wife uses it.

I checked the manual of my CX-9 GT '17 this is what I found:

Driving Position Memory*
The desired driving position can be called up after programming the position.
The following driving positions can be programmed:
- Driver’s seat position (seat slide, height adjustment, seat recline). Refer to Seat Operation on page 2-5.
- Active driving display (display position, brightness level, display information). Refer to Active Driving Display on page 4-29.

Oh heck yeah. This is great news! Thanks!
Now to just finalize a deal

Hopefully one day Mazda will add the left/right mirrors positions to the seat programming. I really hate to setup my mirrors every time after my wife uses it.

I'm pretty sure they did this .... in 2013. Then took it away in the 2nd Gen....

My wife and I are about to pull the trigger in a new GT.
Does the seat memory also save the heads up display setting?
My wife is short, and I am not :)

Yes it does...in my 2017 Signature when you open the door to which keyfob was programmed to the memory seats, the height level adjustment of the HUD adjusts to whichever it was set to. I just wish the side mirrors adjusted as well but Mazda got rid of that feature!

Just to add confirmation to this, my 2017 Mazda 6 GT adjusts/sets the HUD along with the memory seat position.
To set it up, get the seat where you want it, then the HUD, and then press the set button (1 or 2).

I also concur with the outside mirror thing.
If they were powered and set to the seat position, that would be huge.
I also wish they would fold in under power.
I have to turn them in when entering my garage (narrow garage door opening). Bit of a pain.

Yes it does...in my 2017 Signature when you open the door to which keyfob was programmed to the memory seats, the height level adjustment of the HUD adjusts to whichever it was set to. I just wish the side mirrors adjusted as well but Mazda got rid of that feature!

Wait, so depending on which key fob you use, the car will automatically adjust to that setting. Like I can program one key fob for me, and another to my wife?

Wait, so depending on which key fob you use, the car will automatically adjust to that setting. Like I can program one key fob for me, and another to my wife?

Correct.

When programmed and you open the door, all settings are adjusted to the fob settings.

Correct.

When programmed and you open the door, all settings are adjusted to the fob settings.

But is not automatically done, you need to press the Set button in the seat and then press de unlock button in the FOB to save the settings. It also works independently of the seat memory buttons (1, 2). For example, if you store a setting in the number 1 of the seat the key fob will keep the settings when it was programmed. So if you want to keep the same settings for the fob and the memory 1 button just remember to update both when storing any new adjustment to your settings.

But is not automatically done, you need to press the Set button in the seat and then press de unlock button in the FOB to save the settings. It also works independently of the seat memory buttons (1, 2). For example, if you store a setting in the number 1 of the seat the key fob will keep the settings when it was programmed. So if you want to keep the same settings for the fob and the memory 1 button just remember to update both when storing any new adjustment to your settings.

That's what I meant by "when programmed" :)

Last edited:

In my old S40 Volvo the memory seats changes seat, mirrors and audio preferences! (subwoofer/fade/dolby/EQ/fm memories, etc). So my wife had different audio EQ and she had totally different memory stations for FM than me!

Back