Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Active Driving Display

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2018 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7

    Active Driving Display

    Hello Guys,

    I recently bought Mazda CX5 touring. I couldn't find AD_DISPALY options in my setting. Is it available only in grand touring?

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    Carless

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by deepuaishu View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I recently bought Mazda CX5 touring. I couldn't find AD_DISPALY options in my setting. Is it available only in grand touring?
    The active driving display is only available on the premium package option that is only on the Grand Touring trim

  3. #3
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by deepuaishu View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I recently bought Mazda CX5 touring. I couldn't find AD_DISPALY options in my setting. Is it available only in grand touring?
    Correct. Also if your vehicle had it, your dashboard would look like this (the red arrow shows where the image is projected from):

    Last edited by Xeler8ing; 04-28-2018 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Typo
    Recent Vehicle History:

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)


  4. #4
    Registered Member Lbear's Avatar

    2017 CX5 AWD Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    861
    Like stated above. One must buy the GRAND TOURING and then get the PREMIUM PACKAGE which comes with the ADD/HUD, heated rear seats, heated wipers and heated steering wheel.

    The ADD/HUD is the top optioned out equipment package on the Grand Touring + Premium models. Going from the Touring w/PP to a Grand Touring w/Premium raises the cost around $5,000

    The HUD is nice although it can get washed out if you wear polarized lenses or shift around in the seat while driving. Since you have the Touring, just do the AIO Tweak like I did which then gives you the SPEEDO APP and you can display MPH and other data on the Infotainment screen like below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lbear; 04-28-2018 at 03:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
    Like stated above. One must buy the GRAND TOURING and then get the PREMIUM PACKAGE which comes with the ADD/HUD, heated rear seats, heated wipers and heated steering wheel.

    The ADD/HUD is the top optioned out equipment package on the Grand Touring + Premium models. Going from the Touring w/PP to a Grand Touring w/Premium raises the cost around $5,000

    The HUD is nice although it can get washed out if you wear polarized lenses or shift around in the seat while driving. Since you have the Touring, just do the AIO Tweak like I did which then gives you the SPEEDO APP and you can display MPH and other data on the Infotainment screen like below:
    Is that a tachometer bar next to your speedometer reading
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  6. #6
    Registered Member Lbear's Avatar

    2017 CX5 AWD Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Is that a tachometer bar next to your speedometer reading
    Yes, it is.

  7. #7
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Cool
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    250
    does apple car play offer any kind of these speedometer and other apps or is that android only?

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    Carless

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfo View Post
    does apple car play offer any kind of these speedometer and other apps or is that android only?
    not sure but I would assume they don't have access to the car computer so all the information they would show would be based off GPS estimates.

  10. #10
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfo View Post
    does apple car play offer any kind of these speedometer and other apps or is that android only?
    From memory, Lbear posted their AA screenshot of MZD Connect showing speedometer and tachomoter. Don't know if ACP hack would do this.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #11
    Registered Member Lbear's Avatar

    2017 CX5 AWD Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    861
    The Speedo app takes the info from the vehicles data center and displays it. AA is not part of the Speedo app

  12. #12
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,728
    interesting
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 01:46 AM
  2. Active Display Issue
    By Favre95 in forum CX-9 Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 11:37 PM
  3. Active Driving Display Turn-by-Turn
    By shawthornerr in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 03:04 AM
  4. Opinions on the Active Driving Display?
    By Mikecherves in forum Mazda3 Infotainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 10:10 PM
  5. Active driving display question
    By lowincash in forum Mazda3 Infotainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •