Brake Issue

deepuaishu

:
2018 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD
Hello,
I purchased mazda cx5 two weeks back. current odometer reading is 234 miles. Whenever I am braking(speed above 40 mph) , breaking distance is more . It is not stopping at the moment. So I am scared to drive faster because I am not sure whether it is any brake issue or it because its new car. Please help me.

Thanks.

If you think you are having a brake issue on a brand new car... go back to the dealer lol

Hello,
I purchased mazda cx5 two weeks back. current odometer reading is 234 miles. Whenever I am braking(speed above 40 mph) , breaking distance is more . It is not stopping at the moment. So I am scared to drive faster because I am not sure whether it is any brake issue or it because its new car. Please help me.

Thanks.

You're saying that when you drive faster your braking distance is increased? What were you driving before the Mazda?

Yaa..i feel like braking fistance is more. I was driving camry before and never felt like this

Maybe with the Mazda you have more pedal modulation, and perhaps need to push the pedal a little harder than you did in your Camry?

It usually takes several hundred to ~600 miles of use for the brakes to break in on a new car.

Are you saying that applying the same force to the brake pedal results in a longer braking distance on the CX5 when compared to your Camry?

Correct..May be its because of new car. Thats why I am not going to service station too..Because they will say samething. But I am curious whether anybody else in this forum felt same ????

Need to let the brake break-in a bit. I had the same experience when switching from my 16.5 to 17(18) GT, at first I thought the brake is broken as it didnt stop me when appliying the same force. Now about 1200km in the brake is smooth as butter, even felt better than my previous 16.5 with much less push from the torque convertor .

Back