'16 v '16.5 ??

BruT-804

:
Non-Mazda
As mentioned in another thread I'm probably going to be buying a CX-5 in a few months.
Not sure if I'm going CPO or new, if CPO then probably pre-MY 17.

Her in the forum I've seen references to MY 16.5 as distinct from MY 16 -

Are these actually 2 different models for 16, & if so what are the differences?

In browsing the used CX-5's available around here I only see 16, never 16.5

Thanks
BT

I think mainly they just made more of the equipment standard. I believe all but the base manual transmission got backup cameras standard, and the touring trim level got heated seats and navigation as standard, and I believe the GT got navigation standard (in the early 16 model it required you to get the technology package). I don't know that they made any improvements to the vehicle itself i.e. fixing the LED headlight problem and so forth. I had early model 16 with the tech package and had the driver's side LED fail, gave it up before the passenger side could. So if you're looking at that year and they have the LED headlights I would check the records to see if they got those fixed because they're not cheap, and it's not a question of if but when they will fail. I can't remember any other big problems with the 16, maybe some others on here can. I loved my 16, thought I would keep it forever, and I might've if some bigger things didn't happen that caused me to trade up to a 17. Good luck on your search!

Dealers dont call 16.5 they just call it 16. To search for 16.5 for a touring-
Sit in the car and spot seat heaters - touring had it std for 16.5, 16 did not.
go to navigation - 16.5 had navi std. 16 did not. Note navi card is removable - so be careful, check if it is in there before you drive off.

Back