Protege5 Brake Upgrade

:
Mazda Protege5
Hello fellow Mazda friends! I want to do a bugger brake upgrade and have seen a few threads talking about mazda6 rotors and calipers working. Is this true and if it is what do I need from the mz6 to have functional brakes on my Protege5? Side note: I am running 16 rota wheels, Fitment issues? Thanks in advance!

For the fronts you need calipers, caliper brackets and rotors, the 300mm mazda6 ones work with 16" wheels.
For the rears the msp rears will give you the same size as mazda6 but with correct E-brake setup, you'll need calipers, caliper brackets and rotors.

Don't get the Mazdaspeed6 brakes, since you need 17" rims at a minimum. If you already have 17" rims, then you're all good to get the upgrade to the upgrade!

Out of curiosity, are you getting these online, or are you pulling them from a junkyard? I wanted to buy some from rockauto, but the core charge would absolutely nuke my wallet. I'm not sure I could even send back my P5 parts when I ordered Mazda6 parts...

Do you have a pull-a-part in your area, that's where i got mine for the cheap. Still have yet to do the upgrade but one day.

Don't get the Mazdaspeed6 brakes, since you need 17" rims at a minimum. If you already have 17" rims, then you're all good to get the upgrade to the upgrade!

Out of curiosity, are you getting these online, or are you pulling them from a junkyard? I wanted to buy some from rockauto, but the core charge would absolutely nuke my wallet. I'm not sure I could even send back my P5 parts when I ordered Mazda6 parts...
Yeah I pull most my parts from the local junkyards around me it’s seemed to work so far :)

Do you have a pull-a-part in your area, that's where i got mine for the cheap. Still have yet to do the upgrade but one day.

I got a "U pull N' Pay" a little ways south, but the only Mazda6 they have there has aftermarket wheels with spline lugs all over it! I can't get the brake upgrade until I get a key for those damn lug nuts...

"Stub" assembly? Not sure I understand.

I know that I gotta grab the brackets, the calipers, rotors, etc.

If you can't get wheels off at junkyard then remove 2 bolts holding hub assy to strut and remve from balljoint to take the lot, or alternatively hammer a socket on the lug nuts to remove them.

If you can't get wheels off at junkyard then remove 2 bolts holding hub assy to strut and remve from balljoint to take the lot, or alternatively hammer a socket on the lug nuts to remove them.

That's clever, thanks for the tip!

I used the front caliper and rotor off of a 2002 Mazda 626 (2.5L V6). I bought them from Rockauto.

..They bolted right up.

They are a little over an inch bigger than stock and fit inside my 17" rims.

Back