Already heading to the body shop...

Any pics yet? I'm dying to see what it looks like as I want to change the color of mine too.

Not yet... the entire bumper cover needed to be replaced since there was damage to the lower black plastic valence that was not included in the original estimate. It is all one piece. The adjuster had to look at the car before repairs could continue so we've been delayed a few days.

Not yet... the entire bumper cover needed to be replaced since there was damage to the lower black plastic valence that was not included in the original estimate. It is all one piece. The adjuster had to look at the car before repairs could continue so we've been delayed a few days.

So a new bumper and associated items

Sorry for the delay on replying. We actually just picked up the CX-5 today. Turned into a slight nightmare.

Started out with the entire bumper cover needing replacement. It took a few days for the insurance company to see the car and approve the supplement. Once it was approved, the body shop went ahead and painted it and the grill surround.

Then the problems surfaced:
1. The Machine Gray was a tad off when they sprayed the new bumper cover. They contacted PPG who come out and showed them how to mix the Machine Gray paint, which is apparently a unique process. They repainted it he bumper cover and it looks great now.
2. The grill molding that I requested to be painted body color was accidently painted black. They offered to respray it as I originally requested, but when I went to look at the car, it looked great. I had them paint the lower front bumper garnish the same black as the original silver color stood out too much.

Couldn't get great pics today as it cloudy and sprinkling.
20180511_163011_HDR.jpg

20180511_163040_HDR.jpg

I figured you needed the entire bumper area to be replaced.

Sorry you went through some difficulties but it now looks great (2thumbs)

Love it! What color black did they paint it. This is EXACTLY what I want...black chrome not true black like a car would be painted.

Love it! What color black did they paint it. This is EXACTLY what I want...black chrome not true black like a car would be painted.

I don't know the exact color black they used, but it is basically a mirror finish on the grill... it does look like black chrome.

Back