Already heading to the body shop...

:
2017 CX5 GT AWD Premium
Well, that didn't take long. My wife was driving our CX-5 on the fantastic Los Angeles freeway system when there was an accident that occurred directly in front of her in the adjacent right lane. A bunch of debris from the accident went flying directly into our front bumper. Super happy this is all that happened as it potentially could have been much worse.

The good news is I am getting the front license plate holes filled and the chrome grille painted body color. She goes in tomorrow. Here are a couple of pics of some of the damage, there is other damage but too hard to photograph.
20180424_103713.jpg

20180424_103825.jpg

Sorry to hear mate.

A new front bumper assembly should be done fairly easily and quickly

Congratulations or that sucks.... I am not really sure which way to go as you seem excited about making the changes :D

Glad she is ok and that the car gets some things checked off the list for you!

Don't feel too bad, two months after I got my CX-5 somebody hit the drivers side front quarter-panel. Either a mirror or a bike. Left a nice crease. Scratched some paint too.
Body shop had it for two days, did a great job, looked perfect again.

Thanks fellas! I was actually planning on getting the bumper resprayed soon anyways to get rid of the hack job the dealer did on the license plate mounting. Since this was a "no fault" incident, I went through insurance, will pay my deductible, and be down the road. Body shop said 3 days so should will have her back on Friday. Clear bras goes on when paint is cured!

Thanks fellas! I was actually planning on getting the bumper resprayed soon anyways to get rid of the hack job the dealer did on the license plate mounting. Since this was a "no fault" incident, I went through insurance, will pay my deductible, and be down the road. Body shop said 3 days so should will have her back on Friday. Clear bras goes on when paint is cured!

No fault incident will still ding you. If your deductible is within a couple hundred bucks - spend it instead.

So sorry to hear!!! I didn't damage my Mazda but significantly damaged my GX's bumper off-road this weekend. I'm gonna repair out of pocket.. more than likely go with an off-road bumper like the following to avoid future expense.

A few overseas sites that I have found some significant discounts on Mazda & Toyota parts. Not all but some clearly beat here in US. I've ordered from both.

https://www.megazip.net/
https://www.parts-sale.jp/

GX-460-Assassin-Hybrid-Tube-Winch-Bumper-C4-Fabrication-2.jpg

No fault incident will still ding you. If your deductible is within a couple hundred bucks - spend it instead.

I spoke with the claims adjuster as well as my insurance agent before I submitted the claim. Since the incident truly was being in the wrong place at the wrong time, my rates will be unaffected. They did say if I had previously submitted multiple claims, my rates possibly would increase, but I am claim free with the same agent for over 20 years.

So sorry to hear!!! I didn't damage my Mazda but significantly damaged my GX's bumper off-road this weekend. I'm gonna repair out of pocket.. more than likely go with an off-road bumper like the following to avoid future expense.

A few overseas sites that I have found some significant discounts on Mazda & Toyota parts. Not all but some clearly beat here in US. I've ordered from both.

https://www.megazip.net/
https://www.parts-sale.jp/

GX-460-Assassin-Hybrid-Tube-Winch-Bumper-C4-Fabrication-2.jpg

Sorry to hear about your GX, but you definitely need to do that bumper upgrade. Our extra vehicle is a lifted 1998 4Runner that we bought new. I am shopping for new bumpers right now... so many choices! Only 170K on her so just barely broken in!

Definitely post up some pics when complete. Any reason why you didn't go black with the chrome for contrast instead of body color?

That was a tough decision... went body color because my aftermarket wheels are gunmetal and closely match the body paint. I can always wrap the grill if the body color doesn't look right.

That was a tough decision... went body color because my aftermarket wheels are gunmetal and closely match the body paint. I can always wrap the grill if the body color doesn't look right.

Wrapping all the chrome, mirror caps and roof are in the near future for me. I have white so I think it will contrast well. Looking forward to seeing your's when complete.

Any pics yet? I'm dying to see what it looks like as I want to change the color of mine too.

Back