POS Neighbors

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all!

So, I am out tonight detailing my car (did a no rinse wash), cleaned the interior, and put tire shine on. Anyway, my AWESOME (POS) neighbors come home and tell me, "You have a problem. You have been out here doing that forever." I responded by saying, well, people who don't wash their cars after winter have a problem as well. I suggested a car wash since they still have road salt all over their POS Dodge Journey. They looked at me, and proceeded to go in to their house. I was just appalled that anyone would actually say that. I enjoy detailing my car, and I find it a good stress reliever.

Has anyone else had this experience? I will be sure to be out there even longer the next time I detail my CX-5.

Never.

Where I am, neighbours keep to themselves.

Sounds like they don't have much going on in their lives so they are fixating on you.

Just ignore them.

Never had that experience. I guess it takes all kinds.

If it ever happens again, tell them it's for stress relief. Then tell them it was recommended to you by your parole officer and your court appointed psychiatrist! (crazy) (spin)

Always had my neighbors encourage and tell me I missed a spot (all in fun), and then offer to Line there’s up in line to be next..

My neighbors don't have an opinion on my car care habits, but my wife thinks I'm an absolute nut job (she does appreciate her clean cars though!)

OP - if they comment again, you can always do this to them with your hose (wink)

Vlbzp.gif

They're salty because they drive a blocky hopped up minivan.

Neighbors 6 houses down used to comment that I was always working on my car. I just told them I was out there to give them something to talk about. Funny how they never commented after that...

I don't know why people just don't mind their own business.

I'm glad I live on 10+ acres of my own private land. Nobody around to make stupid comments. Shoot, I can walk around in my boxers and there is nobody to complain about it. (eek2)

Hey all!

So, I am out tonight detailing my car (did a no rinse wash), cleaned the interior, and put tire shine on. Anyway, my AWESOME (POS) neighbors come home and tell me, "You have a problem. You have been out here doing that forever." I responded by saying, well, people who don't wash their cars after winter have a problem as well. I suggested a car wash since they still have road salt all over their POS Dodge Journey. They looked at me, and proceeded to go in to their house. I was just appalled that anyone would actually say that. I enjoy detailing my car, and I find it a good stress reliever.

Has anyone else had this experience? I will be sure to be out there even longer the next time I detail my CX-5.
Yes, it's called "people". That's how they are. Ignore them, or do what is necessary to not be assaulted by them.

I'm glad I live on 10+ acres of my own private land. Nobody around to make stupid comments. Shoot, I can walk around in my boxers and there is nobody to complain about it. (eek2)

Same here, but some jackass actually made his way to my porch one night and started crap. People will always be able to annoy you. Just handle it when they do.

My neighbors usually come out and offer me a beer while we talk cars and BS about nothing. Course they drive everything from Tesla's to old Chevys (not the good ones). Lucky that here in Texas most people just want to have a good time.

Even the ones that drive Journeys... (Great storage solutions by the way)

Except for someone with a drone looking down on you.... (eek2)

Neighbors 6 houses down used to comment that I was always working on my car. I just told them I was out there to give them something to talk about. Funny how they never commented after that...

Love it, I'll remember that next time a passers by gives me a smartarse comment about washing my car. "6 houses down" - haven't they got anything else happening in their sad little lives?

You guys need to count your blessings if that's what's bugging about your neighbor.

My neighbor calls the cops on me every time she overdoses on her happy pills, which is about once every two months. God forbid I light a sparkler on 4th of July or turn my reggae up for 5 minutes. She's been 5150'd a few times, but she keeps coming back to haunt us since her father owns the house she lives in. My daughter is terrified of her and shes not going away anytime soon.

5150 is when they arrest you and throw you in the rubber room instead of a jail cell because you're bat-s*** crazy.

Back