2017~2024 Gen 2 Fang LEDs as DRL

rhojos14

:
2017 CX-5
Gen 2 Fang LEDs as DRL

Alright Gen 2 dudes (and dudettes) does anyone know how to make it so the fang LEDs (just what Ive been calling them, could totally be wrong) are your DRLs? From what I can tell currently the DRLs are just the headlights turned down a notch. Saw another gen 1 today with the LEDs around the headlight and got to thinking. Picture below for anyone who doesnt know what Im talking about. Im posting from mobile so let me know if the pic doesnt work.

2dke43d.jpg

There is a kit available from Japan that allows you to do just that.

If memory serves, a Mazdas247 forum member bought a pair and think they described it in this thread:

2017 CX-5 drl question

That would be pretty cool. There has been a ton of heat on Mazda for not being able to turn off the lights at all while the car is running so there might be some info in all those hate threads.

Here is what the rest of the world gets - fang + light underneath:

Yeah, it looks like the Aussie's have an inboard DRL that is not on US spec cars that looks like it is on all the time when driving. But at least it's not the headlights.

attachment.php

One thing you can do is disable the DRLs, and then run your parking lights all the time. Then you'd have those great taillights on, too.
I'm with you. I wish those accent lights were the DRLs, just brighter.

Yeah I agree, wish the accents were more noticeable. Thanks for sharing that post Xeler, lots in there.

yea this is disappointing for me as well, especially when you look at the CX9 even in the US which has much brighter LED drls and the headlight doesn't run in conjunction with it. Not sure why they changed it for the CX5 when it worked so well for the CX9

the DRLs look amazing at night but in the day they can be washed out and even have a yellowish tint to them but that might just be the way the sunlight hits the DRLs

Back