Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Click/ Clunk/ Knock sounds 2018 CX 5 AWD

2018 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Has this issue been going on for a while
    I’ve had a 2016 and two 2017s and neither of them did it that I’m aware of. However, the TSB is suggesting that it migrated over both models. We know that the rear bushing on the 2017 is now hydraulic so the front must be very similar. Squirting them with WD40 might shut them up! My latest silver model is in the later range with modified bushings according to the TSB so it shouldn’t be an issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    I had the same thing and they replaced my control arm bushings. It's better, but still occasionally does it. There is a US TSB for it.
    That would be the US version that I suspected must exist. This is where dealers could save themselves a lot of time and credibility by just having the workshop foreman and the service staff download and READ every TSB. Firstly, they would be aware of the issue and the solution and secondly, they’re not going to look such chumps when a customer shows up with the answer. If I were sskali, I would be rather unpleased to say the least. sskali - this is the one you want to stuff up their nose.
    Last edited by Anchorman; 04-24-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Registered Member

Cx 5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I’ve had a 2016 and two 2017s and neither of them did it that I’m aware of. However, the TSB is suggesting that it migrated over both models. We know that the rear bushing on the 2017 is now hydraulic so the front must be very similar. Squirting them with WD40 might shut them up! My latest silver model is in the later range with modified bushings according to the TSB so it shouldn’t be an issue to me.

That would be the US version that I suspected must exist. This is where dealers could save themselves a lot of time and credibility by just having the workshop foreman and the service staff download and READ every TSB. Firstly, they would be aware of the issue and the solution and secondly, they’re not going to look such chumps when a customer shows up with the answer. If I were sskali, I would be rather unpleased to say the least. sskali - this is the one you want to stuff up their nose.
    I will be taking in the car tomorrow to the dealership. Hopefully, they come up with the same answer. Thanks.

Registered Member

Cx 5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    I had the same thing and they replaced my control arm bushings. It's better, but still occasionally does it. There is a US TSB for it.
    Thanks for sharing. This helps.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post

Thanks for the clarification

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Touring

Known issue here in Australia with some of the cars. Dealer showed me a service bulletin. My car had the issue from day zero and got progressively worse. The front springs need some sort of protective casing and some additional rubber where it connects to the chassis. Sorry donít know much about suspension but basically the springs rub against the metal in the chassis. Bloody frustrating and horrible sound that ruined my new experience. Since the fix car suspension has been great

Quote Originally Posted by dan801 View Post
    Known issue here in Australia with some of the cars. Dealer showed me a service bulletin. My car had the issue from day zero and got progressively worse. The front springs need some sort of protective casing and some additional rubber where it connects to the chassis. Sorry don’t know much about suspension but basically the springs rub against the metal in the chassis. Bloody frustrating and horrible sound that ruined my new experience. Since the fix car suspension has been great
    Thanks for advising!

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT FWD Premium Machine Gray

Got this noise on my cx-5 2017 GT since new, now with 7,000 miles, still there. Most noticeable on left side when turn left on incline (this is how I turned into my driveway daily), but I hear it on bumps too. Thanks for the bulletin information, I need to find time to take it in. It seems to indicate the issue on wet condition, but mine is regardless of conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Sharks View Post
    Got this noise on my cx-5 2017 GT since new, now with 7,000 miles, still there. Most noticeable on left side when turn left on incline (this is how I turned into my driveway daily), but I hear it on bumps too. Thanks for the bulletin information, I need to find time to take it in. It seems to indicate the issue on wet condition, but mine is regardless of conditions.
    Just quote them the bulletin and insist they rectify as per the bulletin

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

On my 2014 mazda 3 I had the suspension noise when going over some bumps or making sharp slow turns. There was a TSB and they added a sleeve or something to the springs I believe and that got rid of the noise but it did come back after a few months. I got a similar noise on my cx-5 once in a while but nothing I can't live with.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 GT

Hi all, are there updates on this issue?

My 18 CX5 recently developed a similar clunk under wet or dry conditions.

Clunk is heard on left side when turning right and most prominently on a decline and under braking conditions.

The car just hit 10K kilometers.

Reason I'm looking for answers is because I don't know what the warranty process is like in Colombia where I am now.

In the United States I'd bring cars in and they would replace basically whatever the heck I wanted until noises were gone. I want to pin point something in the event they refuse to be helpful.
    Last edited by cdmorenot88; 08-19-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Try the same there.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Try the same there.
    That's the first approach! Sucks having no pull and no service history - I come from a service dept where I had an 8 vehicle 16 year history with the shop foreman and service writer.

Is it safe to assume my issue is likely related to the TSBs posted above ?

Quote Originally Posted by cdmorenot88 View Post
    That's the first approach! Sucks having no pull and no service history - I come from a service dept where I had an 8 vehicle 16 year history with the shop foreman and service writer.

Is it safe to assume my issue is likely related to the TSBs posted above ?
    If the issue is the same then TSB should apply

Registered Member

CX5

I thought I had this issue on my 2018 CX5 GT, but it turns out that my Mazda Dealership had placed the bag of wheel locking nuts under my user manual in my glove box. The clunking I was hearing was the wheel locking nuts clunking against the glove box on bumpy roads. Since placing them in a padded bag in the cargo area in the back....no clunking noises.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast