HUD Field of view

Yep it almost makes the display invisible for me. I had to turn the brightness up to almost max to see it. I wish there was a easier way to do that rather than going into the settings.

That's too bad about the polarized lenses since I use polarized sunglasses as they offer 100% UVA and UVB protection for ones eyes. Non-polarized sunglasses are crappy and don't offer the same protection.

Polarized Lenses -
They offer almost complete protection against the sun’s horizontal glare, making the reflection of the sun almost unnoticeable for a clearer more defined vision. The intensity of the emission of sun waves is much higher than the scattered ones. Thus, making this kind of light harmful for the eyes and especially for those who are driving. The polarized lenses are used to block this intense light that is reflected from flat surfaces. The reason for this is that polarized sunglasses are made with vertical polarization, while the light reflected by the sun on flat surfaces is horizontally polarized.

If a lens offers poor UV protection, sun rays may damage the eyes permanently causing macular degeneration which leads to vision loss and cataracts. However, when purchasing polarized lenses that is one risk the consumer will never have to worry about because they offer 100% protection against UVA and UVB rays.

Non-polarized lenses cannot counter the effects of horizontal polarization. These lenses do not take into account the direction in which light is coming.

Last edited:
Then one can wear polarised lenses whilst driving but just use the analog speedometer and associate gauges.

That's too bad about the polarized lenses since I use polarized sunglasses as they offer 100% UVA and UVB protection for ones eyes. Non-polarized sunglasses are crappy and don't offer the same protection.

Polarized Lenses -
They offer almost complete protection against the sun’s horizontal glare, making the reflection of the sun almost unnoticeable for a clearer more defined vision. The intensity of the emission of sun waves is much higher than the scattered ones. Thus, making this kind of light harmful for the eyes and especially for those who are driving. The polarized lenses are used to block this intense light that is reflected from flat surfaces. The reason for this is that polarized sunglasses are made with vertical polarization, while the light reflected by the sun on flat surfaces is horizontally polarized.

If a lens offers poor UV protection, sun rays may damage the eyes permanently causing macular degeneration which leads to vision loss and cataracts. However, when purchasing polarized lenses that is one risk the consumer will never have to worry about because they offer 100% protection against UVA and UVB rays.

Non-polarized lenses cannot counter the effects of horizontal polarization. These lenses do not take into account the direction in which light is coming.

don't assume polarized lenses offer uv protection. the two technologies are different

http://www.shadesdaddyblog.com/polarized-sunglasses-vs-uv-protection/

http://www.today.com/style/debunking-9-common-myths-about-sunglasses-2D80554300

Do you drive like this? :p
36a206fa990e511ac60fe24769a292aa.gif

I was thinking of the young kids I see driving leaning way over the center console. Must be a Fast and Furious fad like the movies?

Which reminds me, isn’t there another adjustment for the view? I cannot explain it without the manual. Maybe that setting is set wrong for the op?

Polarized Lenses -
They offer almost complete protection against the suns horizontal glare, making the reflection of the sun almost unnoticeable for a clearer more defined vision. The intensity of the emission of sun waves is much higher than the scattered ones. Thus, making this kind of light harmful for the eyes and especially for those who are driving. The polarized lenses are used to block this intense light that is reflected from flat surfaces. The reason for this is that polarized sunglasses are made with vertical polarization, while the light reflected by the sun on flat surfaces is horizontally polarized.

Marketing BS. Polarization and UV protection are two different issues. You can get full UV protection WITHOUT polarization.

don't assume polarized lenses offer uv protection. the two technologies are different

Thanks for the links.

Back