Fan Noise

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

I have noticed a rattling type of sound coming from the HVAC system on my 17 GT. The vehicle only has 8k miles, and the floor mats are clean.

Is this normal? If not, what should I check? Does this require a dealership visit?

Thanks much!

i had the same issue with my 17 gt. it only happened one time. I turned off my hvac then left the car off for 10 hours. Never had the issue since. That was about 2-3 months ago.

How are clean floor mats related to this issue?

Maybe preempting someone here saying something on the floor mat is making the rattling noise (uhm) Or could also apply to something:

• In the glove box
  • In the compartment tray above the gear stick

Hello!

I have noticed a rattling type of sound coming from the HVAC system on my 17 GT. The vehicle only has 8k miles, and the floor mats are clean.

Is this normal? If not, what should I check? Does this require a dealership visit?

Thanks much!

Does it get worse as you increase the intensity of the fan? Does it sound like it's in one of the vents? Can you get down in the footwell and try to narrow down where the sound is coming from? Does it sound like the blower motor? When you set it to the minimum setting do you still hear it? Is it all the time or just when you're driving?

And no it's not normal and may require a service visit.

Maybe something is loose inside HVAC or possibly something has entered into one of the vents and is caught somewhere causing it to rattle.

Best advice given above is get it looked at via service centre

It is only when it turns on to max fan speed. I dont hear it at lower speeds.

Ill just have Mazda take a look. I need an oil change soon.

Leak and rattle are 2 separate things (uhm)

Not necessarily. A rattle could be a loose connection which could cause a leak? The mats are clean so there's no leak which means the rattle is not a loose connection which carries aircon fluid and is something else.

Not necessarily. A rattle could be a loose connection which could cause a leak? The mats are clean so there's no leak which means the rattle is not a loose connection which carries aircon fluid and is something else.

Fair point

Last edited:
It is only when it turns on to max fan speed. I don’t hear it at lower speeds.

I’ll just have Mazda take a look. I need an oil change soon.

Probably a good course of action although I don't run anything I own at max speed. Too much wear and tear.

Probably a good course of action although I don't run anything I own at max speed. Too much wear and tear.

I would only run it at max speed (in auto mode) when initally cooling down the vehicle (set temperature to coldest setting)

Ex owner was a drug lord who left behind keys of coke under the spare tire and benjamins in the AC vents.

Back