are these fair deals?

Doesn't the 16 Sport have the smaller 2.0 engine? If so that should be a consideration. Also, does the Sport (base model) have the safety features like BSM, cross traffic alerts, etc?

AWD Sports have the 2.5....but yes theyre missing safety stuff unfortunately. BSM looks particularly valuable, but I dont think Id pay more than a $500 premium for it...

Last month bought a 2014 Grand Touring from a CT Mazda Dealer. Certified Pre Owned, new tires, brakes and other minor pre sale conditioning. 19 service records on Carfax all done at the Mazda Dealer. 73,000 miles. They were asking $16,500. Negotiated $13,800. Only thing I'm going to do is replace the spark plugs.

Last month bought a 2014 Grand Touring from a CT Mazda Dealer. Certified Pre Owned, new tires, brakes and other minor pre sale conditioning. 19 service records on Carfax all done at the Mazda Dealer. 73,000 miles. They were asking $16,500. Negotiated $13,800. Only thing I'm going to do is replace the spark plugs.

WOW nice job on the negotiation! That's interesting you were able to get it so low - was it worse than "very good" condition? Nothing negative on the history?

Car was super clean, one owner and was bought and serviced 19 times at the same dealership. I took a second test drive with the sales manager as the front brakes were squealing and we got caught in an hour of traffic as the local St. Patrick's Day parade was breaking up and people were everywhere. I chatted with the guy about cars and raising kids and we got along really well. When we got back I basically told him I would buy the car right then (he said the front rotors needed a slight turning) and I offered him $13,500. His reply was "that's impossible!" Both my teenage boys actually started to laugh. He offered me $14,500. I almost bit but told him I needed to be under $14,000 to sign right then. We settled at $13,800. After the paperwork was complete he told me that if I got in an accident with it that I would make money on the insurance over what I paid. I asked him not to jinx me. I absolutely love driving the vehicle and feel as though I got a great deal. I really believe hanging with him for an hour in traffic was the reason he was willing to let it go at that price.

Appears to be a former lease/fleet vehicle. A rather large gap in service records, but it's CPO which offers a lot of benefits should youbhave any issues. I don't see a price listed but I would take it for a long ride and inspect it carefully and make mention of the gap in service and fleet concerns. Then low ball the offer if you think the car checks out.

Good luck!

Appears to be a former lease/fleet vehicle. A rather large gap in service records, but it's CPO which offers a lot of benefits should youbhave any issues. I don't see a price listed but I would take it for a long ride and inspect it carefully and make mention of the gap in service and fleet concerns. Then low ball the offer if you think the car checks out.

Good luck!

Thanks, I might do that later this week!

Back